Hay Group is a global management consulting firm that works with leaders to transform strategy into reality. We develop talent, organize people to be more effective and motivate them to perform at their best. Founded in 1943 and headquartered in Philadelphia, PA, we have 79 offices in 44 countries and work with over 7,000 clients around the world.
Our clients are from the private, public, and not-for-profit sectors, across every major industry, and represent diverse business challenges. Our focus is on making change happen and helping people and organizations realize their potential. Visit our website at www.haygroup.com to learn more.
In this newly created position, the Project Manager will be a member of the Global Transformation Office of Hay Group. The selected candidate will join Hay Group at an exciting time with newly appointed senior leadership and a clarified vision, strategy and operating model that will drive growth and strengthen client impact capabilities. The newly formed transformation management function will ensure that the firm remains focused on the critical actions required to achieve its strategy and will serve as the catalyst for the Global Leadership Team and senior management to translate the firm’s strategy into a clear path forward. This position will report to Jean-Marc Laouchez, who serves as the head of Hay Group’s global project management office.
The Project Manager will employ strategic business consulting skills to work with internal teams through all stages of strategy-based transformation projects. The primary areas of focus will be to: 1) design and implement a systematic approach to project management for global strategic initiatives and implement; 2) serve as facilitator and problem solver for project teams to ensure progress, address issues, and drive defined business outcomes; 3) coordinate with other cross-organization streams such as transformation communication, engagement and economics, and 4) create a dashboard to monitor strategic initiatives, including key milestones and metrics, and draft summary reports for the Global Leadership Team and related key stakeholders.
The ideal candidate will have a proven track record in managing large-scale transformations, ideally in a diverse or international business context. This will include seasoned consultative capabilities and experience in bringing clarity and structure to complex processes and driving measurable results. Critical skills for the role include strong i ntellectual abilities, problem-solving capabilities, business acumen, and analytic and conceptual thinking skills. The ideal candidate will have the ability to influence others, strong interpersonal skills, and the capacity to work within global, multi-cultural teams. Qualified candidates will have 10+ years of progressive project management experience, both within a consulting and complex corporate global environment. Master’s degree in project management, engineering, business or a related field is preferred.
- Orchestrate transformational projects by working closely with project leaders, stakeholders and team members to drive complex projects forward towards successful results.
- Serve as consultant, advisor, and problem solver in bringing clarity and purpose to strategic projects, identify issues to be addressed, provide innovative solutions to complex problems, and guide teams and stakeholders towards resolution.
- Facilitate global, multi-cultural and cross-functional project management team meetings in developing project charters that concisely define the project scope and objectives and establishing a project management structure that includes a critical path, key milestones, deliverables, timelines, accountabilities, resources, and activities. Ensure constant focus on strategic outcomes by advancing the team’s success and capabilities through sophisticated relationship management, influence, coaching and diplomacy skills.
- Create project dashboards that include key metrics, monitoring, and reporting mechanisms to gauge progress, identify issue areas for resolution and track measurable results.
- Holistically evaluate and identify overall progress towards the firm’s strategy. Create summary-level project status reports for key stakeholders, including the Global Leadership Team, make recommendations, and present findings as appropriate.
Compensation and Benefits
- Sophisticated consultative and project management skills. Demonstrated track record of developing and successfully orchestrating transformational projects through an organization to achieve strategic business results, including development of dashboards and metrics to measure outcomes.
- Excellent relationship management and facilitation skills. Experienced in working with global, multi-cultural project teams.
- Strong problem solving as well as analytical, conceptual and strategic thinking capabilities.
- Able to identify the key areas needed to be addressed to achieve transformation, including engaging others to enhance their capabilities and providing guidance and coaching.
- Provides innovative solutions to complex challenges.
- Strong communication skills, both verbally and in writing.
- Excellent judgment and influence. Considers implications of actions. Knows what information is needed to make decisions, asks questions, and confers with others as appropriate.
- Passion to have an impact. Pro-active self-starter. Demonstrates a strong sense of urgency and responsiveness
- 10+ years of progressive experience in project management within a global organization. A mix of both consulting and corporate background is preferred.
- Master’s degree in project management, business or a related field is preferred. Project Management certification a plus (e.g. PMP Certified Project)
- Proficiency in project management software (e.g. Microsoft Project ).
Hay Group offers a competitive compensation package with top quartile benefit offerings, including a generous vacation policy and 401(k) benefits.
The preferred location for the position is the eastern part of the United States (e.g. New York Metro/Jersey City, Philadelphia, or Arlington Hay Group offices). .
The role will require a modest level of travel, including international business trips.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.