For years, Cisco's vision has been to change the way the world works, lives, plays, and learns. Our vision is more relevant today than ever. We made the Internet what it is today. First, we focused on creating connectivity. Now, we're entering the Internet of Everything transition—an era where we'll help create unprecedented value by connecting the unconnected.
The Internet of Everything is a global industry phenomenon that is driving the biggest market transition for Cisco and our customers. This includes the intelligent connection of people, process, data, and things. It's where everything is converged on the Internet, making networked connections more relevant and valuable than before.
To help us bring this vision to life, join us in our exciting journey.
The WebEx Technical Support Operations and Readiness Project Manager is a key role for WebEx Technical Support Readiness. The position requires an outstanding candidate who understands the necessity of being a team player and is capable of top-level performance with flexibility in a dynamic and changing environment. This position will own and manage multiple concurrent projects in support of the technical operations and readiness teams. Projects routinely include implementing new technology and solutions, driving process creation and refinements with cross-functional teams, managing projects and relationships with external vendors including outsource providers, and working with teams to identify and implement support infrastructure for newly implemented products and services. The Project Manager must be energetic, results oriented and possess a positive attitude.
• Manage assigned internal and cross-functional projects focused on enhancing the support operations organization.
• Tracks and facilitates the actions and deliverables for assigned projects and closely manages to target dates to ensure consistent attainment of project goals.
• Engage external departments as required insuring that customer operations is represented effectively.
• Act as a catalyst for process improvement; ensure programs follow defined procedures.
• Regularly status leadership and stakeholders on the progress of projects; effectively manage through roadblocks and escalate when appropriate.
• Assist in develop and documentation of WebEx TS Operations and Readiness PMO
• Maintain a vision and commitment to making WebEx Technical Support a competitive differentiator. Actively participate in leadership activities with this mindset.
• Directly manage junior level Project Managers that may be assigned to the Project Manager; ensure their successful attainment of project objectives.
• Other Duties as required.
Qualifications and Experience:
• Practical understanding of project management methodologies (PMP, Six Sigma, etc.)
• Must possess a strong understanding of general business principles, including business development, finance and sales/marketing as they relate to technical support project management.
• PMP certification a plus
• Must have the ability to work through sometimes ambiguous and unstructured environments to attain objectives; a creative problem solver.
• Possess a solid technical background with previous experience working in a SaaS or in the high tech environment.
• Must have excellent verbal and written skills combined with strong interpersonal communication skills to be considered.
• 6-8 years of experience in a post sales operations and readiness environment (call center highly preferred), or equivalent previous management experience.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office Products: Project, Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
• Bachelor degree or equivalent; advanced degree desired
Cisco Systems - 21 months ago
copy to clipboard
Are you changing the world? We are.
Cisco, a worldwide leader in IT, is changing the way the world works, lives, plays and learns. Our...