Project Manager (Construction)
M & W Construction is seeking an individual with industrial construction experience on projects of $1 million+ with primary specialization in both water and wastewater pump stations construction.
Qualifications Will Include:
• Experience constructing $1 million+ projects (water and wastewater pumping stations a plus).
• Knowledge of project management and job cost analysis.
• Must be able to accurately read and interpret plans, specifications, cost estimates, engineering reports, computations and drawings for purpose of developing costs estimates.
• Construction Management degree a plus.
• Ability to troubleshoot and identify problems independently.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Must be able to stand on rough terrain for extended periods, climb up and down ladders and stairways, bend/stoop to inspect processes or materials and have a valid driver’s license.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Project or similar program & MS Excel.
Responsibilities Will Include:
• Attend pre-bid conferences and site visits.
• Review bids with Estimator in response to Request for Proposals (RFP’s).
• Negotiate buy outs for sub-contract work.
• Manage construction projects & supervise on-site personnel.
• Handle all paperwork for projects including submitting invoices and processing bills.
• Attend progress meetings.
• Develop relationships with project engineers and on-site inspectors.
• Develop relationships with sub contractors.
M & W Construction, based in Portsmouth, Virginia, builds municipal infrastructure (including water and wastewater pump stations) projects throughout Virginia.
We offer a dynamic environment, excellent growth opportunities, competitive earnings and a comprehensive benefits package including 401(k). M & W Construction supports a diverse workforce and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are a drug-free workplace.
M & W Construction - 16 months ago
M & W Construction, Inc. is an organization dedicated to providing a quality product at a fair price with unparalleled customer service...