Project Manager (Hagerstown, MD)
Location: Department of State Warehouse Support Services, Hagerstown, MD
Technica LLC seeks to fill the position for Project Manager of Warehousing Support Services being performed at a Government site in Hagerstown, MD. The Project Manager will be responsible for all facets of operations at a 400,000 square-foot government provided warehouse and logistics center. Warehousing operations include equipment maintenance, and storage, receipt, shipment and inventory of household effects (HHE).
- Must have a minimum of four years college degree and four years of verifiable experience in transportation or logistics management; or eight years of verifiable experience in transportation or logistics management.
- Must possess in advance working knowledge of the transportation/logistics industry including an advanced understanding of the principles of transportation.
- Must possess a verifiable minimum of four years work experience coordinating the movement of household effects and supplies.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a public trust clearance.
- Must have at least four years verifiable experience in management and supervision that is commensurate with the current position.
- Must possess a high level of proficiency with information technology (IT) software applications, including but not limited to Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Access (or other like software).
- Must possess verifiable speaking and writing skills that demonstrate the ability to professionally communicate with customers and stakeholders, including high-ranking government officials.
Responsibilities and Description of Work:
- The Project Manager is designated in writing by the Contractor who has authority to act for the Contractor during the term of the contract, who has the complete independent financial authority, and who is authorized to submit reports and all other correspondence on behalf of the Contractor.
- The Project Manager is the Contractor's liaison with the Department of State.
- The Project Manager shall be on site at the Hagerstown warehouse during the hours of operation which will be an eight (8) hour period between 7:00 AM and 5:30 PM which will be determined by the on-site government representative and approved by the COR.
- Manages the day-to-day operations of the warehouse.
- Ensures the safe and efficient handling warehousing and distribution of household effects department, supplies, and official vehicles.
- Prioritizes, coordinates, and schedules all workload.
- Keeps the on-site government representative apprised of all operational matters.
- Schedules and coordinates shipments with Carriers, U.S. Dispatch Agencies, and other stakeholders.
- Responds to all claim requests submitted to the government by FS personnel.
- Ensures adherence to OSHA and MOSHA safety programs
- Ensures compliance with department security policies.
- Obtain and maintain a high level of proficiency in a sign department IT software applications, primarily the Integrated Logistics Management Systems (ILMS).
- Provides initial and refresher ILMS training to assigned employees.
- The Project Manager will ensure the Foreman is trained and proficient in all aspects of project management, to ensure no interruption of service performance in the event of his/her absence.
Technica is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action (EO/AA) Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, religion, nationality, age, disability or sexual orientation. We offer health, dental, vision, short-term, long-term and life insurance benefits as well as 401K options to all full-time personnel.
To be considered for employment, complete Technica's online application in full.
Technica LLC - 19 months ago
copy to clipboard -
Technica specializes in performance-based logistics (PBL). We focus on metrics to drive efficiencies in time and money for the military...