Job Order: J0912-0470 - Permanent Full Time
Title: Project Manager (Infrastructure)
Category: Project Management
City: Houston, Texas, United States
Job Description: Project Manager (Infrastructure)
This position is responsible for overall coordination, status reporting and stability of complex cross-functional work efforts for infrastructure projects. This individual will manage multiple projects simultaneously and will lead a variety of professionals, such as business analysts, system and network engineers, and subject matter experts.
- Interviewing prospective project team members in conjunction with the Program Manager/Director
- Assessment of potential project viability, recommending strategies to satisfy customer needs
- Initiation and funding efforts for new projects
- Leadership of multiple projects or single projects
- Managing and tracking all aspects of the delivery life cycle for the service offering, including original time estimates, cost, schedule, assessment of customer requirements and scope of the project
- Creating and executing a detailed project plan including, but not limited to, assignments, dependencies, milestones, tracking, leveling and base lining
- Manage the preparation, authorization, reporting and fulfillment of changes to the project
- Identification of issues and risks, developing and implementing corrective actions
- Managing dependencies and integrating activities with other departments and projects
- Maintaining effective communication with the customer, the Delivery Team, Program Manager and impacted parties, as appropriate
- Developing project resource strategies, allocating budget, staff, tools, and specialized support necessary for cost effective implementation and customer training
- Management of the project team, including assignment and supervision of daily tasks, providing direction and establishing goals for project team members
- Providing direction and establishing goals for project members
- Preparing and delivering project-related presentations and briefings and conducting, planning and facilitating project meetings
- Completion of all project reporting, including regular status reports, periodic special reports as needed, lessons learned, financial reconciliation and other close of project reports
This is a great opportunity to join a winning team. CGI offers a competitive compensation package with opportunities for growth and professional development. Benefits for full-time, permanent members start on the first day of employment and include a paid time-off program and profit participation and stock purchase plans.
- 5+ years of experience in the information technology or consulting industry is required, developing an in-depth knowledge in all infrastructure, mainframe, midrange computing environments and methodologies
- Leadership skills that can energize multidiscipline work teams
- Sound understanding of project management principles and all aspects of Project Management
- Technical knowledge with experience managing or participating in Infrastructure projects is required
- Proven project management skills, capable of organizing, planning, and executing projects from vision through implementation, involving internal personnel, contractors, and vendors
- Excellent verbal and writing skills, able to express complex technical concepts in business terms
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and conceptual skills
- Excellent resource management and interpersonal skills, with the ability to communicate and persuade at all management levels and the ability to thrive in a cross-functional environment is preferred Experience/education:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related discipline, is required (Master's degree or equivalent is preferred)
- External project management certification such as PMP from PMI or other project management certification is required
- Experience working with Large Companies, specifically in the infrastructure area, and have IT Solution Expertise. At CGI, we're a team of builders. We call our employees members because all who join CGI are building their own company - one that has grown to 72,000 professionals located in more than 40 countries. Founded in 1976, CGI is a leading IT and business process services firm committed to helping clients succeed. We have the global resources, expertise, stability and dedicated professionals needed to achieve results for our clients - and for our members. Come grow with us. Learn more at www.cgi.com.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for this position, however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.
- Project Management
- Communication (Oral/Written)
- Problem Solving/DecisionMaking
- Systems Engineering
About CGI Group
CGI doesn't generate make-believe worlds, but rather real-life worldwide IT services. The company is the leading...