The City of Pasadena - Public Works Department is seeking a Project Manager to manage all tenant improvements, annual work plan, and special projects throughout the city. The ideal candidate will be experienced in reading building plans and managing projects involving multiple trades (electrical, carpentry, HVAC, paint and plumbing). This is an excellent opportunity to work with in-house staff and contract management.
To learn more about the Public Works Department, please visit us at http://www.cityofpasadena.net/PublicWorks/
- Directs and monitors activities such as capital projects within assigned project areas, visits sites to inspect contracts in progress; reviews building plans, contracts, and progress reports; maintains appropriate documentation.
- Coordinates projects with a variety of staff, departments and organizations; directs and supervises staff in the completion of projects.
- Plans and prepares bid specifications for contract jobs from conception to award.
- Award and manage contracts and work orders.
- Plans, monitors and coordinates the design, renovation and construction of city buildings and facilities.
- Negotiates and oversees joint public and private projects, establishes goals, objectives, budgets, and schedules consistent with departmental plans and policies.
- Secures, administers and directs technical or professional services and maintains effective community participation on assigned projects.
- Prepares and presents reports to boards, commissions, and committees.
- Identifies and develops innovative financing methods and resources.
- Represents the department at various public meetings; meets with a variety of federal, state and private organizations to discuss/negotiate projects.
- Acts as liaison with consultants, vendors, public agencies, and other City staff.
- Municipal, political and governmental processes
- Methods and techniques of contract interpretation.
- Methods and techniques of contract negotiations, interpretation and enforcement
- Demolition methods and requirements
- Practices and procedures of project management, governmental budget and financing
- AutoCad experience is highly desirable
- Apply project management techniques to practical situations
- Attention to detail in order to read building plans involving multiple trades (, carpentry, electrical, HVAC, paint and plumbing)
- Leadership ability to communicate tactfully and effectively orally and in writing
- Organizational/Planning Skills to organize and coordinate a wide variety of divergent activities
- Results oriented to identify, analyze, and recommend appropriate solutions to various problems
- Prepare, negotiate, and administer budgets
- Interpersonal skills to establish and maintain effective work relationships with public officials, City staff, citizens, and others contacted in the performance of required tasks
- Collect, examine, and interpret data; and conduct special studies and prepare comprehensive reports
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in political science, marketing, urban planning, business or public administration, economics or a closely related field AND
- Four years of progressively responsible experience in construction management or urban planning; including at least two years in a lead analytical, managerial, or supervisory role.
The employment process will consist of an evaluation of training and experience and the most highly qualified candidates may be invited to participate in a written, oral, or performance examination. Probationary test period is one year.
As a result of the selection process, an eligible list of candidates will be established which will be used to fill this vacancy and other similar vacancies that may occur in future. There is currently one full-time position in the Public Works Department.
Must have or obtain a Class C California driver's license and a satisfactory driving record.
City of Pasadena - 6 months ago
copy to clipboard