Project Manager – Retail Team
dunnhumby is the leader in personalizing the world's experience of retailers and brands. Analyzing data from over 350 million people in 28 countries, we help companies put customers at the center of every decision. We use our insight to improve customers' experience of stores and communications to earn their lifetime loyalty.
Our work with some of the world's biggest retailers and brands has demonstrated that companies which deliver value to customers through personalization become and stay their customers' first choice. This strategic approach to putting the customer first in business improves our clients' like-for-like sales and profit margins – or, put simply, their brand value.
dunnhumbyUSA is a joint venture of The Kroger Company and London-based dunnhumby. Employing more than 1,900 people in 30 offices in Europe, Asia and the
, dunnhumby serves a prestigious list of companies including The Kroger
, Tesco, Coca-Cola, General Mills, Kimberly-Clark, Macy's, Panera Bread Company, PepsiCo and Procter & Gamble. dunnhumby also includes the word of mouth marketing experts BzzAgent and price optimization company KSS Retail.
The Project Manager provides structure and oversight for price and promotion solution and business implementation activities. The Kroger Team is responsible for projects that maximize the efficiency and quality of dunnhumby’s overall solutions for Kroger including, but not limited to, delivering and implementing products, services and integration into Kroger’s business processes. This role will focus on prioritizing resources, managing links between projects, managing the overall costs and risks of the project/program, as well as managing individual projects to completion.
The work spans all areas of dunnhumby and demands consistent excellence in three key areas:
Role Objective and Accountability
- Proactive thinking and behavior: Being able to anticipate, plan and execute in ways which help drive and increase the efficiency of our business.
- Leadership and collaboration across the business: The ability to coordinate and cooperate with leaders and team members of all dunnhumby functions, in the US and the UK. The ability to lead cross functional project teams to common goals and outcomes.
- Seeing the big picture through the details: Maximizing the value of Project Management within dunnhumby by leading and coaching projects/programs. The ability to achieve the right balance between managing the detail as well as aligning to the overall strategy is needed to be successful.
Under the guidance of the Kroger Operations Director, the Program / Project Manager will be responsible for the delivery of projects in line with time, budget, scope and quality constraints, while ensuring the ways of working are aligned. This person will also be responsible to support the continued rollout and adoption of project management and change leadership, helping to make the entire dunnhumby organization function more effectively and efficiently.
o Ensuring that all contributors deliver their input on time, liaising with them as necessary and advising them on their submission;
- To be accountable for the management of projects within the price and promotions area.
- To oversee, communicate on, manage and promote projects
- To support the team in tasks such as budgeting, recruitment, strategy and team management
- To establish and maintain the project time reporting structure in support of project reporting, estimation and budgeting
- To ensure that there is common commitment to deliverables, by acting as the “glue” between disparate teams
- To manage dependencies across all stakeholders and contributors, within a project and between projects
- To identify potential risks and issues, and resolve or escalate with advice on options
- To co-ordinate the approval process for moving between phases in the project lifecycle
- To act as focal point for defining, implementing and maintaining processes, standards, controls and measures, coaching as required on artefacts and deliverables within the appropriate project methodology
- To deliver consolidated reporting of the status of each project:
o Thereby providing centralised visibility and effective status communications to internal business/ stakeholders.
- To keep abreast of dunnhumby and external project and program management best practice and ensure that all teams are using the best tools and processes available.
- Minimum 5 years experience in project management
- Experience of the project lifecycle, ideally in a software delivery environment
- Major contribution on significant projects or programs
- Resource Management experience
- Exposure to some elements of the technical and commercial program context, i.e.:
- customer data management
- systems / software solution design, build and implementation
- customer insight creation and application within retail
- grocery retail environment
- marketing / customer management functions
- Experience with Agile or Scrum methodologies highly desirable
- Knowledge of and training in project management principles, tools, techniques and processes
- Work within a business services organisation (e.g. consultancy)
- Previous experience in organizations of varied size and maturity
dunnhumby - 20 months ago
dunnhumby is the world’s leading customer science company. We analyse data and apply new insights from more than 400 million customers...