Project Manager (TOP)
Job ID : 2012-10429
# of Positions: 1
Posted Date: 5/4/2012
Job Location: US-REMOTE LOCATION
Position Type : Term of Project - Full Time
Category: Project Management
Pearson has one defining goal: to help people progress in their lives through learning. We champion innovation and we invest in models for education that deliver on our promise for effective, accessible, and personal learning from early literacy, college and career readiness to professional education, through data informed instruction and inventive applications for mobile and digital learning.
Pearson, the world's leading learning company, has global-reach and market leading businesses in education, business, and consumer publishing and is listed on the London and New York stock exchanges (UK: PSON; NYSE: PSO). For more information, visit www.pearson.com.
Pearson is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, and a member of E-Verify. All qualified applicants, including minorities, women, veterans, and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
The Project Manager has responsibility for monitoring projects over the entire life (initiate, plan, execute, control, close). Must be familiar with scope and project objectives as well as the role and function of each team member, to effectively coordinate the activities of the team. Responsible for identifying appropriate resources needed, and developing schedule to ensure timely completion of project.
Responsibilities include working with product management, project management, sister companies, acquisition editors, variable resource pools and development partners to contribute to the creation of technically sound courses.
Scoping atypical partner agreements; crafting the contractual language for agreements; processing invoices for agreements; and reporting run rates, incurred spend, and projected spend based on our annual development budget. This position requires strong organizational and communication skills and keen attention to details.
This position requires a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent project management experience.
Requires of 3 years of project management experience
Effective written and verbal communication skills
Develops and maintains constructive and cooperative working relationships with others
Handles oneself ethically following core values and beliefs.
Recognizes others for their efforts
Understands team dynamics and fosters a positive team environment.
Experience working in educational or publishing environment preferred.
Attention to detail and the ability to think creatively a must.
Ability to multitask, strategize and problem solve
PMI Certification preferred
Proficiency with MS Office, Internet communication tools, MS Project
1. Manage changes to the project scope, project schedule, and project costs using appropriate verification techniques in order to keep the project plan accurate, updated, reflective of authorized project changes as defined in the change management plan, and facilitate customer acceptance.
2. Measure project performance using appropriate tools and techniques in order to monitor the progress of the project, identify and quantify any variances, perform any required corrective actions, and communicate to all stakeholders.
3. Ensure a common understanding by setting expectations in accordance with the Project Plan, in order to align the stakeholders and team members. Implement the approved actions and workarounds required to mitigate project risk events in order to minimize the impact of the risks on the project.
4. Record detailed customer requirements, constraints, and assumptions with stakeholders in order to establish the project deliverables, using requirement-gathering techniques (e.g., planning sessions, brainstorming, focus groups) and the project charter.
5. Implement the approved actions and workarounds required to mitigate project risk events in order to minimize the impact of the risks on the project.
Pearson Education - 13 months ago
Pearson is an international media company with world-leading businesses in education, business information, and consumer publishing. Our bus...