Share our pride. Join our mission.
We are currently seeking talented Project Manager (Workforce |
for our Plano, TX facility.
PURPOSE OF JOB
Participates in the planning, execution and delivery of moderately complex to complex business projects under minimal supervision. Manages risk by using established project management processes to address execution challenges associated with quality, schedule and cost. Leads and manages projects to achieve strategic business goals and operational objectives. Serves as a resource to less experienced team members on escalated issues of a routine nature.
- Acquires and applies intermediate knowledge of the business, its products and processes.
- Gathers information, analyzes data trends, identifies root causes and develops work products.
- Defines low to medium risk project plans and aligns to project deliverables.
- Manages budgets on the low to medium range of project budgets. Monitor project execution to deliver incremental business value.
- Uses tools and techniques that may include process engineering and software delivery methods to increase overall project success. Seeks creative alternatives to project challenges.
- Facilitates development of project plans related to schedule, budget, scope and resources. Monitors project execution to deliver incremental business value.
- Understands each project's critical path activities and proactively manages those to project's benefit.
- Bachelor's degree or 4+ years of IT work experience.
- Four or more years Project Management experience.
- Working knowledge of project management methodology and/or working knowledge of technical software delivery life cycle.
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate and partner with HR and IT management on the management and execution of strategies to recruit, develop, and retain IT college interns, IT college hires, and IT experienced hires.
- For this position the partnership will include:
* Developing and coordinating the execution of IT college recruiting strategies, including maturing relationships with key universities and talent pipelines, for the Plano, TX location.
* Developing, maturing, and coordinating the interview experience for IT interns, IT college hires, and IT experienced hires in the Plano, TX location.
* Planning and execution of an IT Intern Program in the Plano, TX IT location.
* Development and implementation of strategies to grow and retain IT talent in the Plano, TX location.
- Broad understanding of IT career paths.
- Participation in recruiting and/or interviewing IT candidates, both college and experienced hires.
- Experience working in, or managing IT teams, that are geographically dispersed and/or have matrixed reporting assignments.
- Experience leading the planning, execution and reporting of major IT workforce strategies; to include managing communications and face-to-face sessions with all levels of IT management.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully manage multi-million dollar annual budgets.
- Proven ability to develop effective internal and external networks and relationships to include working with HR professionals and a large variety of internal partners.
- Understanding of Military culture and environment.
At USAA our employees enjoy one of the best benefits packages in the business, including business casual dress environment, comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, along with wellness and wealth building programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education will assist you with your professional goals.
Relocation assistance is available for this position.
Qualified applicants must successfully complete a pre-employment background and drug screen.
USAA is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Percentage of Travel:
Less than 25%
FOR OUR VETERANS:
Did you know USAA has numerous career opportunities that don’t require corporate experience? If you’re...