IES is a $800M national provider of electrical and communications contracting solutions for the commercial, industrial and residential markets.
From office buildings to wind farms, industrial complexes to housing developments, our nearly 3,000 employees design, build and maintain the systems that empower lives.
Our commitment to our employees includes an industry leading benefit plan:
- Competitive pay
- Company paid time off
- Choice of medical plan options
- Dental and vision coverage
- Company paid life insurance
- Company paid short-term disability insurance
The Project Manager Assistant is the administrative person for assigned project(s). The Project Manager Assistant ensures that all administrative duties associated with contracted work are carried out in accordance with contractual obligations and in concert with the Company’s requirements, including but not limited to, safety, quality, management and financial performance requirements. All aspects of the assigned work must be carried out as efficiently as possible with respect to word processing, general filing, timekeeping, records management, correspondence, project financial records, submission of required documents for billing, invoicing, purchasing and general verification of records to achieve Company performance and customer delivery goals.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Perform assigned word processing, general filing, timekeeping, records management, correspondence and assigned project related financial documents processing.
2. Self-manage assigned workload distribution.
3. Monitor, record and report project/job administrative progress and project/work related quality and safety issues and provide periodic reports on status to assigned supervisor.
4. Effectively coordinate and maintain all project financial documents, software system inputs and related billing/invoicing issues per Company policies and procedures.
5. Monitor, record and report project/work related quality and safety issues to assigned supervisor.
6. Act as the project administrator for interface with customer representative(s).
7. Create, develop, implement and revise project process improvement(s).
8. Other responsibilities as assigned.
Physical and Mental Requirements:
• Must be self-motivated, positive in approach, professional and help to create, develop and implement process improvement(s).
• Must promote the Company culture and mission to all employees, vendors, clients and business partners.
• Must possess proven problem solving skills, critical thinking skills and the ability to effectively read, write and give oral direction(s) to project personnel.
• Must have proven mid skill level to interpret project documents, including but not limited to, timesheets, spreadsheets and billing documents.
• Must be able to travel within branch territory and/or regional territory as needed.
• Must possess the ability to learn Company and customer project management systems.
Education, Certification, License, and Skill Requirements:
• Must possess at least a High School diploma or GED equivalency.
• Must have some experience in customer interface, such as liaison between the customer and the Company.
• Must possess a minimum of three (3) years working experience.
• Must have a minimum of two (2) years experience in a related telecommunications or construction administrative position.
• Must be proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and MS Project).
• Must be able to effectively operate office equipment and computing devices commonly used in the industry.
• Must meet Company minimum driving standards.
• Must be able to manage multiple tasks/projects simultaneously.
• Must have demonstrated verifiable ability to identify a project, create a project filing system, develop detailed associated administrative tasks and manage these for project final record keeping and audit.
PLEASE NO AGENCY CALLS.
NOTE TO ALL AGENCIES: Any unsolicited agency resumes or agency represented candidates that are presented to any IES employee without first having a signed contract between that agency and the IES Talent Acquisition organization will become the property of IES and no fees will be paid.