CNBC Technology is seeking a Project Manager that will be part of the PMO team and will be responsible for managing technology projects to enable and support business priorities. The successful candidate will operate in a matrix environment managing projects that include resources from cross-functional teams and guiding them through processes that most effectively deliver IT solutions. The Project Manager will be directly accountable for the project’s results. Key responsibilities include leading all aspects of the project lifecycle including:
1. Scope Management - scope definition, business analysis, change management.
2. Schedule Management - schedule estimation, detailed project planning and tracking.
3. Resource Management - allocation and coordination of resources.
4. Issue Management - issue tracking, resolution and escalation.
5. Risk Management - Identification, mitigation, tracking and escalation.
6. Financial Management - cost estimation, budget vs. actual tracking.
7. Quality Management - unit, system, integration, performance and user testing.
8. Deployment Management - user training, release planning, documentation and coordination.
9. Communication Management - reporting project status to the project stakeholders.
The candidate must have strong leadership skills, and the ability to manage multiple assignments across the organization following project management principles. The role requires strong communication and relationship management skills to effectively deal with business sponsors and executives and sometimes conflicting sets of priorities and requirements. Proven strong problem-solving skills are a necessity
1. Six or more years of experience in a Project Manager role directly involved with managing technology projects.
2. Excellent in-depth knowledge of how to lead projects such as management of the estimated vs. actual variance for cost, timeline and effort (hours), issue and risk management, and the ability to work directly with team members to understand the potential impacts of variances to the overall schedule, hours, scope and cost.
3. Demonstrated ability to manage simultaneous projects supporting multiple business groups from inception through successful implementation in a cross-functional environment.
4. Demonstrated ability to understand the relationships between risks, issues, plan dependencies, and the impacts of tasks completing early or late.
5. Excellent oral and written communications. Demonstrated ability to manage, assess and communicate project health using qualitative and quantitative measures with all levels of business and technology in one-on-one, small and large group settings.
6. Previous working experience with Agile, Iterative and traditional project delivery methodologies.
7. In-depth understanding of Project Management best practices.
8. BS in Computer Science or Information Systems or related field, or equivalent work experience.
9. Industry experience in Broadcasting, New/Interactive Media or Financial Services a plus.
10. Previous experience with Project Management tools a plus.
11. Technical background a plus.
12. CNBC's offices are located in Englewood Cliffs, NJ. A van service is available for employees commuting from New York City. Must be willing to work in Englewood Cliffs, NJ.
13. Must be willing to submit to a background investigation.
14. Must be willing to comply with CNBC’s strict Insider Trading Guidelines and Personal Investment Policy (No Trading Policy).
15. Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States.
1. Outstanding leadership skills with ability to manage diverse and large implementation teams.
2. Customer focused, resourceful and self-motivated personality.
3. Strong sense of accountability.
4. Strong networking and relationship-building skills across the organization.
5. Strong team building and collaboration skills.
6. Possesses a willingness to inspire commitment and instill a positive attitude in the team.
7. Proactive and creative - able to anticipate issues and identify areas for improvement.
8. Excellent negotiation skills - ability to manage and influence others within a complex organization.
9. Proven ability to provide leadership, instill a sense of ownership and accountability in others, and manage a team effectively in a changing environment.
NBC Universal - 19 months ago