Reports to : Senior Manager - Energy Advisory Services
Available Openings : One
FLSA Status : Exempt
Position Closes : Open until filled
Salary : Commensurate with experience
Job Number: 2014-89-San Diego-119N
The Energy Advisory Services (EAS) Department at the Center for Sustainable Energy (CSE) provides expert consulting services in the distributed generation (DG) and energy efficiency (EE) sectors to a wide variety of clients and stakeholders throughout California, including local governments, school districts, and private industry.
The Project Manager - Energy Advisory Services (EAS) is responsible for planning, directing, and coordinating activities of designated projects within the EAS department to ensure that the goals and objectives of each project are accomplished within the prescribed time frame and funding parameters. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to: execution of all project contract deliverables on-time and within budget; management of day-to-day implementation of EAS contracts, including reporting, monitoring, evaluation, stakeholder coordination; providing internal and external reporting; and management of cross functional team(s).
The ideal candidate is a results oriented project manager with a broad knowledge of the sustainable energy and distributed generation fields. In addition, the ideal candidate should be well organized, reliable and able to meet frequent, new challenges in the clean energy consulting business, and be able to successfully oversee a diverse range of project tasks within a portfolio of existing and new energy consulting project contracts.
Primary Job Duties:
- Assure compliance with all contractual terms and conditions of assigned project(s);
- Track and manage project expenditures to ensure project activities are completed on time, within budget, and consistent with all contract terms;
- Coordinate with accounting department to ensure accurate, timely billing of project activities;
- Assign, manage, and track project tasks and staff workloads within the company’s matrix organization;
- Develop and initiate new Task Orders within existing MSA contracts; and
- Manage subcontractor and vendor relationships and contracts.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Expand the scope of MSA agreements with existing clients;
- Initiate new MSAs with existing and new clients;
- Conduct regular webinars on EAS projects to highlight EAS activities and unique services to stakeholders and potential clients;
- Coordinate with internal and external business development and marketing resources in planning and execution of business development activities related to EAS; and
- Participate on teams reviewing and responding to business development opportunities such as RFPs and grants.
- Supervise and manage project staff drawn from cross-disciplinary teams within the organization.
- Minimum five years of relevant experience in project management;
- Successful project management experience, preferably in the energy consulting sector, through all phases (initiating, planning, execution, monitoring, closing) and project constraints (scope, quality, scheduling, budget, resources, risk);
- Exceptional problem-solving skills and the ability to perform within required deadlines;
- Strong organizational and planning skills;
- Strong supervisory skills in managing and mentoring staff;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Proficient with Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; and
- Ability to take initiative and effectively handle multiple tasks, changing priorities, and complex assignments.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field required. Post graduate degree in related field preferred.
License, Certifications or Registrations
- PMP certification.
- Familiarity with local government, state, and federal contracting guidelines;
- Familiarity with policy and regulatory processes relevant to sustainable energy.
Valid California Driver’s License; insurable in the State of California. Must own a licensed and registered vehicle and be willing to use it for work-related purposes.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Download and fill the CSE Application for Employment Form
Please send a resume, application and cover letter along with salary history via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org .
- Employee will work in an office environment and must possess the physical abilities to utilize standard office equipment: computer, telephone, copier etc.
- Travel may occasionally be on short notice. Periodic overnight travel may be required.
- Work safely without presenting a direct threat to self or others.
- Job responsibilities may require the use of personal or CCSE vehicles on CCSE business.
- May work some evenings and weekends or work longer hours to meet deadlines.
California Center for Sustainable Energy - 7 months ago
CCSE is an independent, nonprofit organization that accelerates the adoption of clean and efficient energy solutions throughout California....