Responsible for the coordination and completion of a specified project or projects. Oversees all aspects of projects, defines project scope, goals and deliverables that support business goals. Sets deadlines, assigns responsibilities, and monitors and summarizes progress of project. Prepares reports for upper management regarding status of project.
Bachelor’s degree in Business Management or field related to the project. Advanced degree preferred.
Project Management Certification (PMP) from the Project Management Institute (PMI) is highly desired.
Requires at a minimum 5 years work experience with at least 3 years of direct project management experience, including managing all aspects of process development and execution
- Knowledge of project management methodologies is required.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Strong familiarity with project management software, including Scheduling, Planning, Tracking, Cost Control and Budgeting Tools.
- Familiarity various software programs and strong computer skills may be required. Proficiency in one or more of the following products may be required: PowerPoint/Excel/Word/Access, as well as Outlook, and Visio).
- Experience at working both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment is essential.
- Leadership skills and ability to be persuasive, encouraging, and motivating.
- Ability to conform to shifting priorities, demands and timelines through analytical and problem-solving capabilities.
- Ability to work cooperatively with other members of the team and staff, ability to handle frequent interruptions and adapt to changes in workload and work schedule; to set priorities and solve problems; to respond quickly to emergency requests.
- Strong interpersonal skills to elicit cooperation from a wide variety of sources, including upper management, clients, and other departments.