IT Design & Construction
About This Position
The Project Manager I (PM I) sets objectives that meet organizational needs. Provides recommendations to individuals and teams to improve performance and meet defined objectives. Monitors and provides feedback on individual and team performance against defined standards. Able to effectively use change management tools to identify, evaluate and prioritize necessary changes. Can discuss planned changes as they relate to the work group or organization; easily adapts their work style to support desired change. Participates in change efforts impacting their work group or organization and understands the impact of change on groups outside of immediate organization.
The PM I is expected to work closely, on a weekly basis or greater frequency, with their HR/Project Leader. Together they collaborate, validate and plan, while managing to Dignity Health project management methodology. They may require assistance in managing business sponsor relationships.
The PM I is able to navigate the project management lifecycle with minimal support. They are assigned to small or medium projects, and generally not assigned to multiple projects. They can be assigned as a contributor PM on programs.
- Manages the project management delivery. Has a background in project management principles, techniques and best practices.
- Prepares and manages project documentation, deliverables, milestones, resources, schedules, and budgets.
- Experience in building team relationships and working with stakeholders at a variety of levels.
- Adheres to Dignity Health Project Management Methodologies as defined within the IT Project Management guide
- Does not have HR responsibilities
Knowledge of HP PPM tool a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred or equivalent work experience
- Typically requires 1-3 years of relevant healthcare IT project management experience
- Understanding of Finance and Accounting principles in relation to project budgets, purchasing and analysis of financial results
- Must have working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Visio, PowerPoint, Microsoft Project & Word
Travel < 10%
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Negotiation skills
- Team Leadership
- Communication for results
- Decisiveness familiarity with multiple decision making models or disciplines. Able to differentiate between assumptions, perspectives and historical framework
- Basic knowledge of Information Systems (software, hardware, network)
- Basic knowledge of the architectural system components, business processes and applications to minimize the impact of changes in software, hardware or network.
About Dignity Health
Dignity Health, one of the nation’s five largest health care systems, is a 21-state network of nearly 9,000 physicians, 55,000 employees, and more than 380 care centers, including hospitals, urgent and occupational care, imaging centers, home health, and primary care clinics. Headquartered in San Francisco, Dignity Health is dedicated to providing compassionate, high-quality and affordable patient-centered care with special attention to the poor and underserved. In 2013, Dignity Health provided nearly $1.7 billion in charitable care and services. For more information, please visit our website at www.dignityhealth.org. You can also follow us on Twitter and Facebook.
Arizona-Arizona Service Area-Phoenix-Corp Office - PHX
Corp Office - PHX
3033 North 3Rd Ave
Hours Per Pay Period
Number of Openings
Area of Interest
Information Technology (IT)
With a growing network of hospitals throughout Arizona, California and Nevada, Dignity Health offers a spectacular array of career...