Assist with the design and manage the installation of hardware and network infrastructure solutions that meet or exceed customer expectations.
Detailed Job Description
- Work with business and systems integration management to understand the business requirements.
- Develop project plans depicting tasks, milestones, target dates and responsible parties
- Produce project status reports on weekly basis including an issues log, past week’s accomplishments and planned activities
- Conduct project review meetings, as required.
- Lead efforts to design hardware and networking solutions which meet and exceed business requirements
- Specify equipment configuration
- Document required equipment to be procured for complete solution from PCs to network hardware
- Design cabling schemes for PC’s, servers and Radio Frequency devices
- Design LAN infrastructure, as required
- Design WAN infrastructure, as required
- Solutions must comply with Exel’s Information Security, Centralization, and Consolidation Policies
- Manage the installation of equipment at the sites during startup
- Engage and manage contractors providing infrastructure solutions
- Ensure cabling systems are certified and have warranty
- Ensure deliverables are received and invoices paid on a timely basis
- Accrue costs as necessary while disputes are pending
- Conduct follow-up assessments to ensure the installed hardware and network infrastructure supports the needs of the business.
- Perform site surveys to ensure documentation for centralized management of the local site is available and accurate
- Develop security procedures and policies to maintain the integrity of the applications and databases
- Implement tools as appropriate
- Work with the Help Desk to resolve problems. Perform root cause analysis to ensure problems are solved permanently.
- 5 to 7 years working in a technical support position.
- 2 to 4 years in a project management position.
- Hands on experience with designing and installing cabling systems
- Understanding of LAN and WAN architecture. Includes cabling, hubs, switches, routers and servers.
- Experience with working with electrical contractors a plus
- Experience with Lotus Notes a plus.
- Experience with RF equipment a plus
- Proven track record in managing projects to successful completion.
- Team player.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and writing skills
- Proficiency with MS/Project and MS/Excel
- Knowledge of WIN/NT and Unix highly desirable
- College degree in computer science or related field. Equivalent work experience will be considered.
- Must be willing to travel up to 30% of the time.
Exel is the leading contract logistics provider in the Americas thanks to the hard work of 40,000 associates at more than 500 sites...