Rearden Commerce, Inc., creator of the Deem™ commerce platform, is transforming commerce on behalf of buyers and sellers. Through a suite of interoperable smart applications, the Deem platform is designed to leverage big data, analytics and semantics technology to optimize the exchange of goods, services, and information with personalization and repeat value to drive customer loyalty. Deem is distributed globally by more than 40 strategic partners including American Express and JPMorgan Chase — connecting millions of consumers and over 35,000 business customers across every market segment to more than 1.2 million merchants. Deem, Inc. is headquartered in San Francisco, California.
The Deem commerce platform is designed to connect buyers and sellers via Absolute Relevance™ technology. Deem leverages big data, social collaboration, game-mechanics, semantics and advanced machine learning to optimize the exchange of goods, services and information between buyers and sellers, resulting in the web's most personalized one-to-one marketplace.
As a Senior Project Manager, your technical knowledge of Internet terminology and technology will make you a valued team member of the technology team. You will manage projects ensuring the Rearden Commerce platform infrastructure is highly available with sufficient capacity to meet the company’s high rate of growth. Responsibilities include coordinating with Rearden Commerce Technology Operations, Engineering, QA, and Product teams to bring new stability and improved features to the Rearden Commerce application. Your experience leading technical projects and ensuring appropriate project management practices are followed will result in high quality project delivery to our internal teams, partners and customers around the world.
- Manage technical infrastructure projects that either enhance or stabilize the Deem Integrated Commerce Platform
- Work independently, in a matrix environment using “Influence Management” effectively
- Work with executive and departmental management to define specific scope, schedule, resource requirements and detailed budget from an approved project concept statement
- Manage multiple projects in situations where resources, schedule and or budgets may be changing and often limited throughout the project lifecycle
- On a daily basis, work directly with very technical managers to effectively drive projects to a successful conclusion
- Constantly work to document and improve process flows related to all daily tasks
- Need to facilitate on a daily basis; this includes large division wide sessions to small interpersonal interactions between teams
- Need to effectively identify, communicate, and provide resolutions or mitigations where applicable to everyday and long term project successes, gaps and risks
- Develop and administer effective project plans using methodologies that are appropriate for the type of project; specifically, Agile or Waterfall methodologies as it makes the most sense for a particular project
- Bachelor's degree in technical field (or equivalent) required
- 4+ years of technical project management experience in a related technology field
- Demonstrated skill working in a Matrix Environment
- Have the ability to manage technically complex projects
- Proficient in use of Project Management software (MS Project, Gantter, Agile tools, Spreadsheets, Cloud based tools)
- Proficient in use of Google Applications for Business, Microsoft Office tools used for : Presentations, Spreadsheets, Documents, and Drawings to support technical documentation
- Experience working with Internet “Software as a Service” (SaaS) applications and related technical infrastructure
- Understand and know how to apply the differences between Waterfall and Agile methodologies; specifically, technical infrastructure deployment vs. software development methodologies and the related technical drivers
- Must be an independent self-starter who will thrive in a fast changing environment
- Must have excellent facilitation skills
- MS or MBA degree or equivalent experience
- Project management certification from a formal certification program (e.g. PMI, SAPM)
- Certified Scrum Master and additional Agile/Scrum/XP training
- Extensive experience in a technical project management role managing Internet infrastructure technologies such as network, storage, database, systems engineering, or security
- Extensive experience leading large, complex technical projects
- Detailed knowledge of Internet Site Operations technologies and terminology
- Performed in a role of systems administrator, database administrator, network engineer, or some other hands-on technical role
- Detailed understanding of data center technologies and terminologies
- Has been a developer/engineer or worked in similar roles
- Has experience and skills to work directly with both internal and external senior management and executives
Rearden Commerce, creator of the Deem™ commerce platform, is transforming commerce on behalf of buyers and sellers. Through a suite of...