TransCore, a subsidiary of Roper Industries, Inc. (NYSE: ROP) is seeking a Project Manager II to join our team in Orlando, Florida.
Job Summary: This position coordinates all aspects of the company’s project(s) from initiation through delivery. Organizes cross-functional activities, ensuring completion of the project (i.e. product on schedule and within budget constraints). Serves as an in-house project consultant from evaluating needs and vendors to planning and directing implementation efforts.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Completes and manages organization of project documentation.
- Understands the financial details of each project.
- Assists or leads business development opportunities.
- Manages project execution so that:
- Project deliverables are of a high quality and meet the expectations of the stakeholders.
- Projects are delivered on time, within budget, and in the most efficient manner possible.
- Project deliverables are deployed and turned over to the organization smoothly and efficiently.
- TransCore policies, standards and best practices are adhered to.
- Prepares, implements, & monitors schedule and cost estimates.
- Prepares project plans that guide project execution to a successful conclusion.
- Identifies project staffing needs and assists in the formation of effective project teams.
- Assigns tasks to project staff in a manner that optimizes team performance.
- Identifies and procures resources necessary to complete projects.
- Proactively detects and evaluates issues/risks.
- Communicates project information including approach, progress, forecasts, and issues to stakeholders.
- Manages project teams - tracks performance, provides feedback, and motivates staff.
- Provides guidance to projects on best practices and standards to utilize.
Education : Bachelor's degree (B.A.) from four-year college or university.
- Manages and administers relevant subcontract agreements.
- Coordinates company response to RFP or customer request for quotation.
Required Skills & Experience:
- Typically requires a minimum of 5 years of related experience
- Product knowledge
- Project management
TransCore - 15 months ago
Transportation systems affect our lives everyday—the logistics systems that expedite bringing goods to market, traffic...