Manage the design and construction of projects including streets, stormwater, water and wastewater systems, and buildings; review and prepare plans, specifications, and contracts; and provide technical support to Public Works Department.
- Exercise professional judgment in accordance with currently accepted practices of civil engineering architecture, landscape architecture and appropriate laws and codes.
- Provide assistance to construction inspectors in the interpretation of plans and resolution of problems during construction; review plans to ensure compliance with original plans and specifications; and approve changes to approved plans and specifications.
- Participate in the process of selecting consultants to design various city projects; review and manage consultant studies, designs, plans, specifications and related items.
- Assist in the preparation and supervision of consultant and contractor services contracts.
- Maintain constant awareness of progress and budget on assigned projects; design and ensure compliance to approved budget and designated time schedules for project completion.
- Participate in a variety of special engineering studies to determine impact of various projects; prepare technical reports; and prepare hydraulic calculations or perform modeling for water distribution and sewer collection systems.
- Respond to questions and concerns of staff, other departments, consultants and the general public.
- Perform related duties and responsibilities as required.
Experience & Education:
Experience: Five to seven years of engineering and project management experience, preferably with experience in municipality or Public Works department. A master's degree may be substituted for experience.
Education: Equivalent to a Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university with major course work in civil engineering or related field.
Must be a registered Professional Engineer in the State of Kansas, or able to obtain a professional engineering license in the State of Kansas within six months of employment.
A valid driver's license with a favorable driving record required.
Background investigation, pre-employment physical and drug screen required.
City of Olathe, KS - 17 months ago
copy to clipboard -