This role is responsible for understanding and applying Exel’s IT project management process and framework to IT project activities in order to meet or exceed the needs and expectations of all project stakeholders – including the customer. This includes the management of critical project components including project integration, scope, time, cost, quality, human resource, communications, risk, and procurement through all phases of the systems life cycle. This role is also responsible for mentoring and developing IT Implementation Analysts. Exel IT Projects generally involve the implementation of third party Supply Chain application packages such as Warehouse Management Systems and/or Transportation Management Systems.
Detailed Job Description
This role provides leadership to the Exel Supply Chain business as it relates to IT Project Management
Project Planning / Administration / Delivery
Oversee the development of project and resource plans and validate that all significant plans are optimized with regards to schedule and personnel. Communicate commitment dates to project stakeholders.
Project Scope management: develops and maintains project documentation, which includes creating the project charter, project schedule and major milestones, and issues list, establishing work plan, budget, roles/responsibilities and key deliverables.
Identifies and obtains commitments from required resources and works with project team through completion of project by sustaining cohesiveness and continual progress to the project work processes.
Facilitates the execution of the project in its agreed-upon scope/time/cost baseline and reports variances/deviations.
Assists in executing formal reviews on project status and team performance.
Promotes client involvement and assures project meets customer requirements.
• Monitors projects’ cost compared to budget.
Uses consistent reporting methods to create and maintain a real time picture of resource utilization and project status.
Risk Management: Identifies and quantifies the project risk. Develops contingency plan.
Pursuit – (Cost Model Generation )
Assists in development of Business Unit IT team’s response to customer RFP / RFI / RFQ’s for business opportunities; speak to departmental capabilities to meet proposed schedules and start-up timelines; act as a Business Unit IT representative.
Provide project budget/financial management for all projects. Deliver projects on-time and on-budget. Implement effective project change management progress so scope changes are understood and accounted for in project financial reports. Assist operations team in understanding and transition of ongoing IT expenses into operational budget.
Conduct formal performance appraisals (at least twice annually) for assigned resources.
Assist team members in drafting and executing personal development plans.
Train and develop assigned members of the implementation analyst team.
Requires minimal supervision from a more senior manager; accepts responsibility for project success; effective ability to assist others in the completion of assignments through knowledge sharing, effective ability to work on multiple tasks simultaneously; effective knowledge of Exel’s business applications and business processes including both third party and in-house developed applications.
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Management Information Systems or related field.
- 6 – 10 years experience in an Information Technology environment. (Development, Analysis experience)
- 3 – 5 years in an IT project management role. Direct and successful accountability for project budgets and time-lines. Experience of system design, development, or integration projects (packaged and custom solutions)
- Experience in planning major projects, including development of project proposals, business cases, project schedules, financial justification, etc.
- Experience in the use of project management/planning software.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification is desirable
- Experience in Logistics / Supply Chain industry highly desirable.
- Ability to work well with all levels of management
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks
- Detail oriented, committed to deadlines and have solid verbal and written communication skills
- Travel Requirement: 35 -50 %
Exel is the leading contract logistics provider in the Americas thanks to the hard work of 40,000 associates at more than 500 sites...