This position establishes an execution framework on a project that complies with the contract and ensures the safety, quality, value, timeliness, and Fluor profitability of the completed project.
Principle Job Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Plans and executes project management responsibilities on a medium sized, moderate risk EPC or services project or on an assigned segment of a larger project, including coordination of design, procurement, and construction activities.
2. Develops a complete understanding of the contract and any relevant subcontracts in order to provide full support to the project management team while working on segments of larger projects.
3. Directs execution of all aspects of the project in accordance with the scope of the contract, and develops a complete understanding of the relevant subcontracts
4. Establishes and maintains project requirements for safety, quality, and productivity are met in all locations managed by Fluor where project work is being performed.
5. Establishes and defines the project organization, the project staffing requirements, and coordinates staffing with supporting organization managers.
6. Provides strong, effective and decisive project leadership and establishes an execution framework to provide the quality, value, timeliness, and profitability of the total project execution (EPCM, commissioning, startup, and operations as appropriate to the project scope).
7. Establishes and maintains effective client relations to achieve active cooperation, prompt payment, and stimulate the desire to award follow-on work.
8. Establishes and maintains operationally consistent work processes that enable work sharing to be effectively executed between multiple offices and construction sites.
9. Establishes and maintains an efficient and cost-effective project environment.
10. Provides an environment for the development and professional advancement of project personnel, including providing on-the-job and formal training and development opportunities.
11. Understanding of project controls and finance including scheduling, progress measurement, risk assessment, code of accounts, work breakdown structure, change management, cost control and estimating process and planning.
12. Compliance with all applicable policies, procedures and global standards.
13. Travels to attend business related matters.
14. Meets expectations on attendance and punctuation.
15. Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
1. Generally favorable indoor office workspace
2. On-site project workspace which may include moving, mechanical parts and vibration; high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; and various levels of outside weather requiring the proper use of PPE
Fluor Corp. - 3 years ago
From the ground up, Fluor Corporation is one of the world's largest international design, engineering, and contracting firms. It...