The Global Consulting team within the Global Client Group (GCG) is responsible for the execution of complex management consulting engagements for global and multinational clients. The Senior Mgr - Consulting will work closely with Global Consulting Leadership, team members, clients and cross-functional business partners to improve profitability, increase growth and enhance the customer experience in the delivery of consulting projects.
Manage and execute consulting engagements relating to sourcing and management of travel programs and indirect spend, process improvement in expense management and procure-to-pay processes, and policy development.
Operate and contribute to a team-oriented environment with strong personal accountability, commitment and integrity with respect to all aspects of the role.
Actively engage the client in discussions regarding consulting projects and accurately assess our ability to deliver value.
Create project plans and presentations for large scale consulting engagements.
Formulate strategy, engage resources and oversee projects.
Form global relationships; manage delivery of value proposition, growth, retention and profitability objectives and strategies.
Develop and maintain strong internal relationships (locally & globally) on behalf of customer and team to deliver the Savings Guarantee Program.
- 5 years proven project management experience. Experience in Consulting and/or Procurement.
- Demonstrated ability to drive project deliverables to achieve financial results.
- Ability to network through complex organizational structures to uncover customer needs and opportunities to deliver consulting engagements
- Conceptual thinking skills and ability to identify and implement technical solutions to achieve process automation and improve consulting group's productivity.
- Advanced knowledge of Excel and Power Point and proficiency in Access and - Visio (or process mapping) required.
- Ability to create and deliver high-quality and effective presentations.
- Demonstrated ability to think conceptually using strong analytical skills.
- Comfort working across many business and functional areas.
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills.
- Excellent communicator and strategic thinker.
- Experience in sourcing, T&E, B2B, or payments industry.
Primary Location: US-New York-New York
Each day, American Express makes it easier, safer and more rewarding for consumers and businesses to purchase the things they need and for...