Posting Job Title: Project Manager
Requisition #: 142555BR
Posting Location: Middletown, NY, US
Area of Interest: Other
Position Type: Full Time
Posting Job Description
Time Warner Cable's East Region Commercial Operations currently seeks a Project Manager located in Charlotte, NC. Below please find a brief description of the essential duties and responsibilities required to function successfully in this position.
The Project Manager is responsible for end to end implementation of fully executed service agreements in the East Region. Also required to assist Market Development Directors with deploying Region wide initiatives, including product deployments, system upgrade and deployment.
The Project Manager has cross-functional responsibility, authority, and accountability for the definition, planning, and execution of commercial projects. This position coordinates and documents project scope, defines and maintains project schedule, partners with functional managers for resources, provides direction to and coordinates between functional areas, reports progress and issues on a weekly basis or as needed.
The Project Manager is a matrix line management position with direct accountability over project and responsibility for staff assigned to the project meeting objectives without having direct authority. Therefore it is highly important for them to have outstanding motivational, leadership, and team building skills.
Key Responsibilities :
The above list of duties and responsibilities is intended to describe the overall nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. The list is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities or skills that may be required of individuals in this position.
- Works with both clients and sales staff and is primarily responsible for the successful delivery of projects on time, to budget, and within scope/quality.
- Determine the required cross functional staff and resources needed to effectively complete projects.
- Understands and clearly defines the scope of assigned projects.
- Tracks projects against the plan and adjusts schedules accordingly ensuring to notify all key stakeholders.
- Communicate regularly with project team, functional managers, and all key stakeholders to ensure all are apprised of the project status, issues impeding progress, actual to budget cost, and recovery plans for off-track items/tasks.
- Prepares and updates project management documentation including but not limited to, project plans, meeting agendas, feasibility reports, and project update reports.
- Establish and maintain an assessment of risk throughout the duration of the project.
- Manage and motivate project team members to higher performance.
- Hold others accountable for completion of project task and action items.
- Proactively ensures progress of the project by meeting with functional area managers to check for understanding and clarify project scope as needed.
- Facilitates effective communications within the project team by using a variety of communication methods (email, meetings, conference calls, and one on one discussions)
- Produce a final report and evaluation of the project, lessons learned.
- Manage all aspects of project budget.
- Assist in the development of workflow process as required.
- Prepare workflow processes.
- Contribute to the ongoing improvement of Project Management methodology and process flows.
- Support Strategic planning and Sales initiatives
- All other Duties As Assigned
Legal/Financial Responsibilities :
Requires adherence to Time Warner Standards of Business Conduct. Position must assist in maintaining the confidentiality of customer and business data at all times.
Qualifications/Skill Set :
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret common scientific and/or technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents.
- Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community.
- Ability to run project meetings and communicate between functional groups utilizing email, meetings, conference calls, and Webex.
- Ability to effectively present information to top management and public groups.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously, with limited supervision required.
FCC Unit_TWC: 0756
- Bachelor of Science/Arts degree required.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification, Six Sigma certification desired
- Proficient in Project Management Software- MS Project
- 3-5 years of relevant project management experienced required.
- 3-5 years experience project managing a variety of business services projects at all levels required.
- Relevant experience delivering facilities based telecommunications services preferred.
- Experience managing projects for internal and external customers and developing effective customer relationships desired.
- 2-3 years previously worked in a Commercial Business Service fast paced environment highly desired.
Controlling Establishment ID: 00688 - Middletown 2 Industrial
Time Warner Cable (TWC) makes coaxial quiver. The company is the #2 US cable company, after Comcast, with operations in 28 states. Its core...