Project Manager Logistics Engineering
Accountable for managing the design of strategic, comprehensive, and complex projects focused on new business solutions , re-engineered existing contracts, cost improvements and operational efficiencies, from inception to delivery including planning, design, approval and assisting with implementation across multi-functional business units.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage projects from inception through delivery ensuring completion of the project objectives on schedule.
- Meet with business unit management and staff to review new business, and proposed re-engineered existing contracts and systems to analyze feasibility of projects, critical success criteria.
- Engage key stakeholders, define and coordinate activities, communicate changes and progress, build commitment, overcome resistance, and lead project team.
- Collaborate with SD, IS&S, OPS and other functional areas to develop, define, and document technical systems and operational requirements and critical success criteria.
- Partner with the business units/functions, SD and OPS to develop an implementation project plan and assist in the identification and establishment of an implementation team.
- Exercise independent judgment and initiative to identify and resolve complex project and resource management issues associated with cross-functional or multi-team efforts.
- Ensure solutions are in compliance with all related CEVA commercial rules and local, state, federal regulations.
- Monitor performance metrics and measurements related to individuals, teams, processes and projects.
- Utilize effective communication skills, employing diplomacy and sensitivity to resolve critical or escalated issues affecting the customer, staff, or senior management.
- Identify and document best practices results as part of ongoing process to increase improvement.
- Support department leadership by assuming other department projects and additional management responsibilities.
- Develop and maintain staff and organizational development programs that provide adequate levels of training, succession planning, skill enhancement, and overall department efficiency and capability.
- Conduct annual performance reviews for all staff within department.
- Address all employee performance problems promptly and directly in accordance with personnel policies of the Company.
- Keep abreast of emerging technology changes and innovations through formal or informal study, reading business and professional publications, networking, and participation in professional organizations.
- Perform other duties as needed.
Education and Experience
Languages and Communication Skills
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Transportation, Logistics, Supply Chain Management or a related field preferred; or an equivalent combination of work experience and education.
- Minimum seven to ten years experience in progressively responsible project manager roles or similar roles in transportation logistics or supply chain management.
- Must be able to read, write and speak English fluently.
- Ability to communicate and interact effectively with people from multi-functional and diverse backgrounds.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from management, employees and vendors.
Other Skills and Experience
- Computer literate.
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office, Visio, internet, web-based and specific job related software applications.
- Demonstrated success in leading, managing and developing staff and high performance teams.
- Ability to develop short and long-range project planning, and effectively communicate information to diverse work groups.
- Ability to solve critical issues in a fast-paced environment with time-sensitive deadlines.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills including the ability to persuade, influence, negotiate, and make formal presentations in meetings and training environments.
- Strong interpersonal skills including diplomacy and patience.
- Demonstrated skills in organization group process, problem identification and resolution.
- Strong organizational and time management skills with ability to manage multiple projects and set priorities.
- Travel is required at least 40% of the time in this position largely with North America.
- Minimal international travel.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear; stand; walk; sit; use hands and fingers to handle and feel; reach with hands and arms; and be able to lift up to twenty (20) pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision and depth perception.
Yes, 10% of the time
Ceva Logistics - 14 months ago
copy to clipboard
CEVA Logistics U.S. is a regional unit of CEVA Logistics, part of giant CEVA Group. CEVA Logistics US provides freight forwarding and...