Empowering patients starts with you. It starts with the chain of events you initiate when you work on the combined team of McKesson Specialty Care Solutions and US Oncology- a chain that extends across the country uniting a network of community-based cancer clinics and resulting in millions of people getting more from their healthcare.
Across McKesson Specialty Care Solutions and US Oncology, our team affects the full continuum of healthcare - ultimately helping to improve the patient experience at the individual level. Our specialty pharmaceutical programs offer a significant impact for our customers and their businesses. The Distribution Services segment of our company is dedicated to the wholesale distribution of specialty pharmaceuticals - focusing on oncology and other specialty products. Our Specialty Patient Services group provides compliance and adherence programs, as well as reimbursement hotlines, patient assistance and support programs and the managed distribution of pharmaceutical products. Our Specialty Solution Center is the largest single-site call center in healthcare, offering a centralized approach to optimize manufacturer product reimbursement and access. Our US Oncology operations unite one of the nation's largest health-care services network devoted exclusively to cancer treatment and research, and is a pioneer in community-based cancer care. Annually, the united network of more than 9,000 physicians, clinicians, nurses, and administrators delivers integrated cancer care to more than 850,000 cancer patients in community-based clinics located in 41 states.
Responsible for the overall organization and administration of a clinical trial. Responsible for a clinical trial within the US Oncology Research network. Estimated scope of 180 office locations with 150+ employees working on a clinical trial. The Senior Project Manager is indirectly supervising the central staff as well as the field based staff working the clinical trial. Supervised by Manager, Research Programs.
Minimum of 5 years related experience, including 3 years of clinical related experience.
- Serves as the study point of contact for all clinical research staff. All questions related to the protocol, billing, payout, monitoring issues, etc. are directed to the project manager.
- Modifies study tools (i.e. protocol specific flow sheets, clinical trial information sheets, and training documentation, etc.) to facilitate understanding of the clinical trial needs.
- Training and Facilitates ongoing project training throughout the trial timeline.
- Reviews all monitoring and auditor follow-up letters as well as monitor survey forms for quality indicators. Works with the regional staff to facilitate quality improvement programs (i.e. plans of actions) related to clinical trials.
- Prepares and coordinates central and site study specific pre-qualification visits, medical quality and FDA audits.
- Reviews CRF tracking (data reports) to ensure that data is being completed timely from the field based staff. Review CRF tracking to ensure that US Oncology Research is being compensated for work completed. Contact clients for any issues regarding payment of services.
- Review project status with the physician disease committee leadership. Provide the Study Investigator as well as the client, monthly operational reports.
- Maintain working understanding of FDA and other regulations regarding the conduct of clinical research
BSN from an accredited school of Nursing or Bachelors degree in a Clinical or Scientific related discipline.
Prior oncology research experience required
4 year Bachelor degree
Current license as a Registered Nurse in state of practice, if applicable. CCRC or CCRA certification preferred
General Office Demands
Work may require travel by air or automobile approximately 10% of the time.
We believe you should be rewarded for the important work you do. For that reason, you'll receive a competitive compensation and benefits package when you join our team.
It starts with you. That's a simple sentence but it says a lot. It reminds each one of us that what we do matters. Every single McKesson employee contributes to our mission - whatever your title, whatever your role, you act as a catalyst in a chain of events that helps millions of people all over the globe. By connecting and improving the business of healthcare, we're helping to ensure that millions of patients get the treatment they need. And by choosing a career with McKesson Specialty Care Solutions, you'll join a team of passionate people working together to improve lives and advance healthcare.
At McKesson, we believe we can empower healthcare. And it all starts with you.
As an equal opportunity employer, McKesson Corporation unites the talents and contributions of all to advance the power of healthcare. Learn more about our opportunities at mckesson.com/careers
No agencies please.
McKesson - 18 months ago
McKesson moves medicine. As a top pharmaceuticals distributor in North America, McKesson delivers prescription and generic drugs, as well as...