It’s a great time to join TMP – we’re seeking a Project Manager to support web, app, mobile, social media development.
As a Project Manager in TMP’s Product Engineering group, you will oversee software development projects from initiation through release, delivering new and enhanced products to our client base. The Project Manager/Scrum Master must be able to harness a distributed and multi-functional team covering digital development in all its forms (design, IXD, content, UI development, engineering and quality assurance) and have the ability to facilitate dialog between developers and product managers. This is a fast-paced environment with lots to learn.
* Serve as Scrum Master for software/ web development of new or enhanced products using waterfall or agile methodology
* Collaborate with distributed teams of product managers, developers, and QA testers to resource, define, and schedule activities required to develop and launch new software. Team members are onshore and offshore.
* Define and enforce best practices.
* Coordinate all production releases including weekly maintenance releases
* Provide management-level reporting on project status, risks and mitigation strategies.
* Bachelors Degree (ideally in Business or Computer Science)
* 5+ years experience as a project manager in a software development environment, including 1 year in an agile team as scrum master or product owner. If you’ve been through a waterfall-to-agile transition, all the better. Project management and/or scrum master certification desirable.
* Significant experience project managing a distributed team across diverse cultures and time zones.
* Understanding of web development and associated technologies. You don’t need to have experience as a software developer, but you do need to know enough to follow technical discussions and bridge communications between product managers and developers.
* Excellent interpersonal communications. Must have the ability to help product managers formulate/articulate a decision on the course of action.
* Commitment to doing what it takes to meet project milestones
* Quick learner, able to work independently with limited supervision.
* Self motivated, proactive and dependable.
* Team player – positive, committed and selfless, willing to pitch in and help others when needed.
* Organized, patient, able to works effectively under pressure.
* Able to organize oneself and others.
* Flexible to shifting priorities.
TMP Worldwide is committed to providing a safe workplace for all employees. It is the policy of TMP Worldwide to conduct a background check for all candidates who accept an offer of employment with us.
TMP Worldwide is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, M/F/D/V.
TMP Worldwide - 2 years ago
copy to clipboard
TMP Worldwide Advertising & Communications, LLC (www.tmp.com) is the world’s largest recruitment advertising agency and the only...