Manages complex, strategic projects that span organizational boundaries and are often high-risk. May supervise Project Managers and other team members engaged in parts of large projects. Responsible for delivering defined project outcomes on time, within budget and with quality results. Projects are typically strategic in nature and have high visibility within the organization. May also project manage one or more discretionary projects.
• Responsible for overall coordination, status reporting and stability of project oriented work efforts. Takes projects from original concept through final implementation.
• Establishes and implements Project Management processes to ensure projects are delivered on time, within budget, adhere to high quality standards, and meet customer expectations.
• Responsible for assembling project plans and teamwork assignments, directing and monitoring work efforts on a daily basis, identifying resource needs, performing quality review, and escalating functional, quality, timeline issues appropriately.
• Defines project scope and objectives.
• Responsible for tracking key project milestones and adjusting project plans and/or resources to meet the needs of customers.
• Coordinates communication with all areas of the enterprise that impacts the scope, budget, risks and resources of the work effort being managed.
• Manages the integration of vendor tasks, and tracks and reviews vendor deliverables.
• Recommends and takes action to direct the analysis and solutions of problems.
Bachelor’s degree in business or related discipline preferred. Master’s degree preferred. PMP or successful completion of a recognized project management curriculum is desired.
Typically has 7-10 years of IT work experience, including 5 or more years managing projects. Experience with projects in multiple technologies and functions.
Demonstrated competency in Project Management processes, tools and techniques. Strong negotiation, presentation and communication skills with business/financial acumen. Competencies in analytical thinking and decision-making. Must have a strategic orientation and be results driven. Ability to lead cross-functional teams and to supervise project support personnel. Experience in managing cross-functional team members via a matrixed organization. Experience in resource allocation for all project roles. Experience in management project budgets and potentially multiple project budgets ranging in scale.
ICW Group - 15 months ago