Walmart serves customers and members more than 200 million times per week at more than 10,130 retail units under 69 different banners in 27 countries. With fiscal year 2012 sales of $443 billion, Walmart employs 2.2 million associates worldwide.
requirements; requesting modifications; and approving the technical design.
- Manages programming support by providing responses to programmer inquiries regarding the design and intended end functionality and acting as a business translator to technical resources during the build process.
- Manages the testing process by creating and maintaining the testing schedule; writing test cases; submitting defects for change management; leading the business change request process; providing guidance on system functionality and intended use; and completing change request creation and submission.
- Provides requirement and design support for Logistics systems initiatives by creating timelines; reviewing requirements and topics; validating requirements across other functional areas (for example, International, Sam's Club); completing a final review of documentation against original
improvement opportunities; and adapting to competing demands, organizational changes, and new responsibilities.
- Leads system training by planning training schedules; providing information for documentation creation teams; facilitating training for facility and high level training; administering assessments and training evaluations; supporting business units during on-site training; and responding to training issues.
- Provides system deployment support by developing a deployment schedule; driving completion of implementation checklists; providing on-site support for facilities; and coordinating issue support.
- Leads the defect management process through all project phases by capturing defect information; drafting defect reports; submitting defect reports to defect management team; following up on defect resolution and re-delivery; and validating the defect is resolved and working properly in the environment.
- Provides and supports the implementation of business solutions by building relationships and partnerships with key stakeholders; identifying business needs; determining and carrying out necessary processes and practices; monitoring progress and results; recognizing and capitalizing on
- Models compliance with company policies and procedures and supports company mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity by incorporating these into the development and implementation of business plans; using the Open Door Policy; and demonstrating and assisting others with how to apply these in executing business processes and practices.
- Demonstrates up-to-date expertise in Logistics systems and applies this to the development, execution, and improvement of action plans by providing expert advice and guidance to others in the application of information and best practices; supporting and aligning efforts to meet customer and business needs; and building commitment for perspectives and rationales with how to apply these in executing business processes and practices.
Bachelors Degree in Transportation, Logistics, or related field OR 4 years experience in transportation industry or related field.
Additional Preferred Qualifications
2 years Transportation experience
2 years experience using transportation management systems
2 years project management experience
Demonstrate understanding of accounting and finance
Project Manager Transportation Technology Strategy - LOGS
Walmart Stores - 18 months ago
Wal-Mart Stores, Inc., branded as Walmart since 2008 and Wal-Mart before then, is an American public multinational corporation that runs...