Project Manager Water & Wastewater Treatment Plants
In this role, you will plan and manage all aspects of the design of small to large Water and/or Wastewater Treatment Plants. Essential duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Act as expert in the areas of water and wastewater system and treatment plant evaluation, modeling and design, rehabilitation and expansion, and master planning.
- Lead the design of treatment plants, pump stations, lift stations, odor control systems, water wells, SCADA systems, security, dewatering and power consumption evaluations.
- Responsible for managing the financial aspects of assigned engineering projects; coordinating and adjusting the work effort within the project team to ensure project work is completed on schedule and within allocated budget.
- Able to manage facility projects, starting with development of the initial project design concept, development of a project plan (including identification of staffing requirements and preparation of project schedule), execution of project design (management of resources within constraints of project budget and schedule), and culminating with management of bid and construction phase engineering service support.
- Maintain regular and constructive communication with clientele and project team members.
- Simultaneously managing multiple projects and clients.
- Lead graduate engineers, EITs, and PEs over multiple projects throughout the state but primarily the Houston market.
- Independently coordinates the work of engineers, designers/draft persons and sub-consultants throughout the project's execution.
- Establish and maintain client relations which includes city, county and state public officials and various levels of management.
- Support business development activities.
Our ideal candidate will be self-motivated with a high level of energy. This individual must be capable of independent and team work environments. The candidate must be flexible to working overtime as required with little or no notice. This position demands an individual with a strong detail-oriented work style, excellent oral and written communication skills, and an accommodating and proactive attitude. Additional qualifications include:
Equal Opportunity Employer
- Bachelors of Science with an emphasis in Civil Engineering
- Registered Texas Professional Engineer
- At least 7 years of progressive experience in the area of water and/or wastewater treatment plant design
- Excellent technical writing and communication skills. Work assignments will include writing reports to explain procedures and results of work performed; therefore, it is extremely important that the candidate have outstanding writing skills.
- Must exhibit strong project management and leadership skills.
- Strong speaking skills as the position will require presentations to clients, participation in public meetings as well as in proposal interviews.
- Demonstrated experience leading a multi-disciplinary team in developing conceptual, feasibility, and final designs for a wide variety of hydraulic and wastewater engineering projects.
- Strong detail-oriented work style, excellent oral and written communication skills, and an accommodating and proactive attitude.
Jones & Carter, Inc - 13 months ago
The Jones & Carter, Inc. (J&C) WebGIS is offered as an educational resource and should not be used to determine the exact location...