NBC Sports Regional Network division consists of 14 regional sports networks across USA. This position is responsible for the IT operational support and enhancements associated with all infrastructure, workplace, network, desktop, telecom and data center. The technical analyst will partner with regional sports site engineers and local IT to identify the infrastructure strategy, prioritize projects, manage the requirements gathering, & design and deliver the system solutions. Primary business champions include the Regional Sports CFO/COO, Chief Revenue Officer, and GM/Presidents of each Regional Sports Network, Regional Engineers and local Finance leaders. Approved 2013 initiatives include migration and standardization of the network, workplace, telecom, video and content sharing platforms across all regional sports along with integration to the broadcast networks.
The Project manager will be responsible for analyzing, designing and delivering infrastructure solutions, providing helpdesk and day2day IT operational support. Specific responsibilities include:
• Collaborate with NBCU IT in setting the technology direction; prioritizing business needs and formulating the design, project plans and budget to deliver on those commitments
• Participate in requirements gathering, data analysis and modeling; work with IT partners, site engr, vendors to design and implement smart technology solutions and tools.
• Establish a close partnership with key NBC Corp internal IT Infrastructure teams to drive corporate strategy across RSN.
• Serve as the technology expert and drive architecture standards and best practices, engaging RSN Engr and local IT manager and NBC infrastructure IT teams.
• Oversee client and infrastructure services including desktop, services, telecom, printers, remote access, and file share. Tri-age issues and questions regarding corporate infrastructure.
• Bachelors in Computer Science, MIS or related degree
• Minimum 5-7 years’ experience in Data Center / IT Infrastructure & Operations
• Minimum 5-7 years’ experience in IT project management, requirements gathering and technical analysis
• Strong quantitative, analytical, problem solving and decision making skills
• Strong Project management and Budget skills
• Prior experience with data center builds, network operations, virtualization of server and storage platforms, cloud computing, capacity planning, disaster recovery, business continuity planning, information security, risk management & compliance, ITIL, SOX, etc.
• Broad knowledge of a wide variety of platforms - Microsoft .Net, UNIX, Linux, Open-Source, AS/400, network, firewalls, servers etc.
• Intimate knowledge of emerging technologies & trends
• Effective interpersonal skills with the ability to work across multiple groups and levels in organization
• Self-motivation and resourcefulness required
• Excellent written and verbal communications with ability to interact with all levels of management
• Demonstrated experience with leading business through change
• Experience in Broadcast Television & Cable Operations a plus
• Ability to work independently under minimum supervision and proactive in solving issues
• Energy, commitment and solution focused, ability to perform under pressure and meeting stretch targets
• Team player, ability to work in global environment
• Visio, MS Project, MS Excel, Power point and MS word
• Some travel within U.S.A as needed basis
Apply to job
Save to cart
NBC Universal - 15 months ago
Emerging Health Information Technology is a wholly owned subsidiary of Montefiore Medical Center. Emerging Health IT, a healthcare IT...