This role serves as the Project Management Department leader and is responsible for coordinating activites of project teams, identifying appropriate resources required to implement global supply chain solutions, and developing schedules and processes to ensure successful execution of efficient materials management in support of global large capital projects.
Responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
Develop the scope of work/services and outline processes required to deliver defined value proposition to project customer
Serve as the single point of contact with customer and project teams to ensure customer satisfaction and business success with projects completed on time and within contractual, commercial, technical, and quality requirements
Lead project teams to effectively execute projects through the use of project routines in areas of product application, procurement, and materials management
Responsible for determining the work percent complete and identifying resources required for service delivery during project demobilization
Define project scope, goals and deliverables that support business goals in collaboration with senior management and stakeholders.
Effectively communicate project expectations to team members and stakeholders in a timely and clear fashion and Liaise with project stakeholders on an ongoing basis.
Draft and submit budget proposals, and recommend subsequent budget changes where necessary.
Determine and assess need for additional staff and/or consultants and make the appropriate recruitments if necessary during project cycle.
Set and continually manage project expectations with team members and other stakeholders.
Delegate tasks and responsibilities to appropriate personnel and identify and resolve issues and conflicts within the project team.
Identify and manage project dependencies and critical path.
Plan and schedule project timelines and milestones using appropriate tools and track project milestones and deliverables.
Develop and deliver progress reports, proposals, requirements documentation, and presentations. P
roactively manage changes in project scope, identify potential crises, and devise contingency plans.
- Perform other duties as required
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, and production methods
- Proven ability to oversee people and processes to achieve objectives.
- Ability to build strong business relationships with other functional areas to best support mutual objectives.
- Strong problem-solving skills and ability to analyze workflow/processes in order to provide excellent service to internal and external customers.
- Interpersonal, conflict management, and negotiation skills are also required, as well as strong human relations skills to supervise and develop assigned employees effectively.
- Adept at conducting research into project-related issues and products.
- Must be able to learn, understand, and apply new technologies.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong computer skills
- Bachelors' Degree Required (business, engineering, or related field)
- Masters' Degree preferred (MBA, MID)
- PM Certification Preferred
- 5 years direct work experience in a large-scale project management capacity, including all
aspects of process development and execution
- 5 years of leadership experience preferred
- 10 years of industrial distribution experience preferred
At WESCO, we offer a competitive compensation and benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life, AD&D, vacation, 401k, tuition reimbursement, STD/LTD, Legal assistance, long term care and more.
WESCO values diversity and is an EOE/AA employer.
Wesco International - 21 months ago
copy to clipboard