The primary role and responsibility of a Project Manager is to work with the customers, Account Executives, the Program Manager, the functional/matrix managers and staff to ensure that projects are delivered on schedule and within budget, consistent with defined client expectations. Also, the Senior Project Manager is responsible for supporting the Account Executives to maintain the client relationship and mentoring new project managers. This position reports to the Program Manager.
Create and maintain detailed work plan
- Obtain required resources by working with matrix managers
- Communicate and review work assignments with team
- Manage day-to-day project activities
- Manage project scope - review changes with the AE or the Manager of Project Management, then resolve and document those changes with the customer
- Maintain project issues log
- Resolve issues
- Manage project to pre-defined project financials
- Manage all project deliverables
- Work with client project manager to ensure understanding of all project activities, schedules and deliverables
- Manage client responsibilities and expectations
- Provide proper communications to the client, management, and team members
- Establish project billing numbers
- Assist AE with project related billing
- Identify opportunities for value-added revenue during installation projects and with currently installed clients
- Assist other Project Managers as appropriate, ensuring optimum use of available resources.
- Manage multiple high visibility accounts
- Assist Account Executives, where appropriate, with maintaining the client relationship. This may include providing Account Executive support.
- Coordinate product releases as assigned. Work with software development and management to establish release guidelines and general project plans based on the scope of the release. Provide release information to all functional areas.
- Participate in Project Management process improvement initiatives when appropriate.
- Meet departmental guidelines for training and continuous professional development.
- Participate in proposal development and pricing estimates when needed.
- Provide information and feedback to Business Development when requested.
- Support the efforts of other groups such as Quality Assurance, Software Development, Training/Consulting, Marketing and Product Development, consistent with delivering quality products and services to our clients and the market.
- Mentor new and less experienced Project Managers.
- Act as a resource for questions related to project management processes and procedures.
REQUIRED Skills and Experience:
Education / Certifications:
- Management of 2-3 installs to completion.
- 1-2 years of business project management experience or 5+ years of external project management experience.
- Experience implementing information systems within the healthcare field or 5 - 10 years experience in a management position in healthcare information
- Demonstrated ability to manage project scope change and billing within a for profit environment.
- Experience using project tracking tools (i.e., ABT Workbench, Microsoft Project, etc.)
- Experience managing staff in a matrix or direct reporting relationship
- Excellent organizational skills demonstrated by managing multiple priorities/projects
- Excellent interpersonal skills demonstrated by ability to lead client and internal team through the installation process
- Excellent written and verbal skills demonstrated by activities performed in current or previous positions
- Demonstrated use of tact and diplomacy in managing client communications
- Demonstrated clarity and accuracy of written documentation
- Demonstrated poise in public speaking/training situations"
PMP certification, Bachelor degree
Advanced Degree Preferred
Check out my website @ RobbySchoenhoft.com
AIM Consulting Chicago - 9 months ago