We have a Project Manager opportunity for a project located in Washington, DC.
- Provide leadership to the team that is working on client site.
- Function as an advisor to the client, develop and implement strategies for the successful operations of the Program Management Office (PMO), which includes but is not limited to PMI-based PMO practices, ensure compliance with client policies and guidelines, participate in meetings, and ensure that all contractual obligations are met;
- Proactively manage client expectations to ensure a high level of recognition and satisfaction with personnel and with work and deliverable quality;
- Support marketing and business development activities, as necessary, with new or existing clients;
- Provide mentoring and coaching to the team, develop goals and prepare performance evaluations;
- Proactively manage project resources and budget; and
- Additional duties as assigned
This is a great opportunities to join an organization where collaboration and initiative are encouraged. We are in high-growth mode and have a hard-working yet friendly work environment where work-life balance is important.
- Bachelors Degree in Business, Management Information Systems, Computer Science or a related discipline
- Five (5) or more years of demonstrated success in leading teams, managing projects and clients, in a Federal PMO and/or IT/Management Consulting environment
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written, including experience conducting successful negotiations and presenting material to audiences to inform or persuade
- Demonstrated knowledge of IT systems development and project management principles and practices.
- Experience managing PMOs or managing technology projects
- Business requirements gathering and analysis skills
- Ability to develop new business within existing project and client.
- 20 months ago - save job