ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Specific responsibilities will include:
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Direct and manage project development from beginning to end.
- Define project scope, goals, and deliverables that support business goals in collaboration with senior management and stakeholders.
- Develop full-scale project plans and associated communications documents.
- Effective and timely communication of project expectations to team members and stakeholders.
- Liaise with project stakeholders on an ongoing basis.
- Estimate the resources and participants needed to achieve project goals.
- Draft and submit budget proposals, and recommend subsequent budget changes where necessary.
- Where required, negotiate with other department managers for the acquisition of required personnel from within the company.
- Determine and assess need for additional staff and/or consultants and make the appropriate recruitments if necessary during project cycle.
- Set and continually manage project expectations with team members and other stakeholders.
- Delegate tasks and responsibilities to appropriate personnel.
- Identify and resolve issues and conflicts within the project team.
- Identify and manage project dependencies and critical path.
- Plan and schedule project timelines and milestones using appropriate tools.
- Track project milestones and deliverables.
- Develop and deliver progress reports, proposals, requirements documentation, and presentations.
- Determine the frequency and content of status reports from the project team, analyze results, and troubleshoot problem areas.
- Proactively manage changes in project scope, identify potential crises, and devise contingency plans.
- Define project success criteria and disseminate them to involved parties throughout project life cycle.
- Coach, mentor, motivate and supervise project team members and contractors, and influence them to take positive action and accountability for their assigned work.
- Build, develop, and grow any business relationships vital to the success of the project.
- Conduct project post mortems and create a recommendations report in order to identify successful and unsuccessful project elements.
- Develop best practices and tools for project execution and management.
OTHER REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelors degree required and masters degree preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years direct work experience in a project management capacity, including all aspects of process development and execution and having managed multiple projects simultaneously.
- PMP Certification required.
- Must have managed multiple failed projects or projects that have undergone significant scope, resource, or timeline changes.
- Strong familiarity with project management software, such as MS Project and MS Project Server required.
- Extensive experience with project dashboards and detailed project management reports.
- Contract negotiation experience required.
- Solid working knowledge of current Internet technologies.
- Demonstrated experience in personnel management and communication with executive management.
- Must have ability and direct experience of managing projects within matrixed organizations, both internal and external vendor teams.
- Technically competent with various software programs, such as MS Office Suite.
- Experience at working both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment is essential.
- Can adapt to shifting priorities, demands, and timelines through proven analytical and problem-solving capabilities.
- Reacts to project adjustments and alterations promptly and efficiently.
- Flexible during times of change.
- Ability to read communication styles of team members and contractors who come from a broad spectrum of disciplines.
- Persuasive, encouraging, and motivating.
- Ability to elicit cooperation from a wide variety of sources, including upper management, clients, and other departments.
- Ability to defuse tension among project team, should it arise.
- Ability to bring project to successful completion through political sensitivity.
- Demonstrated initiative and strong attention to detail.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Adept at conducting research into project-related issues and products.
- Must be able to learn, understand, and apply new technologies.
- Must possess strong customer service skills.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment is crucial.