An exciting career opportunity for a Project Manager is available for a dynamic individual to play an integral role in driving and supporting our business goals and objectives in alignment with the Barnes Aerospace strategy. The right candidate should have a proven track record of leadership and building collaborative teams, to bring about results. He or she will lead and work on highly visible and challenging projects to continue to satisfy and exceed customer expectations. If you are a high-energy individual who thrives in a fast-paced environment, please submit your name for further consideration.
Corporate Values: Integrity, Empowerment, Emotional Intelligence, Collaboration, Competitiveness, Continuous Improvement, Workplace Fairness, and Globalization.
- Manages a diverse set of projects aligned with the growth strategy of the business. This includes but is not limited to full life cycle projects, system implementations, transfers of work, and new product development.
- Leads cross functional teams to achieve business goals by following effective processes to manage planning, development and deployment.
- Coordinate roadmaps and motivate team members to meet deadlines based upon the plan.
- Ensure project is delivered to defined scope while adapting to changing requirements utilizing a robust baseline/change management approach.
- Leads and facilitates project reviews; Effective use of problem solving skills and implementation of corrective action.
- Manages the transfer of work from one division to another ensuring a seamless transition with no interruptions to production or customer satisfaction.
- Researches and prepares reports, such as, key results and metrics, to present to Executive Management.
- Establish and document processes changes to improve business performance. Implementation of project management best practices and process improvement activities.
- Demonstrated leadership effectiveness (EI). Must be an effective change leader who challenges the status quo and acts with a sense of urgency to drive results. Effectively balances consistency with flexibility and willing to change ideas in the face of new information.
- Strong business acumen and strategic thinking with demonstrated accomplishments.
- Proven track record of driving projects/programs to completion. Strong analytical capabilities.
- Product Life Cycle process experience with new product introduction or new product development into emerging markets or low cost manufacturing regions.
- Impeccable integrity; Superior interpersonal skills; able to communicate and engage personnel at all levels of the organization.
- Bachelor’s degree required in engineering or related discipline. MBA or advanced degree preferred.
- Minimum of eight to ten years of prior relevant supply chain, operations, engineering or project management experience.
- Program Management Certification highly desired.
- Six Sigma or Lean Certification highly preferred.
Barnes Group, Inc. - 17 months ago