Bowman Consulting Group is seeking a Project Manager for our Pittsburgh, PA office.
Bowman Consulting delivers real estate, energy and infrastructure solutions to public and private markets throughout the country. A focused growth strategy has allowed Bowman to more than double in size over the last three years, operating twenty offices nationwide with a leading-edge staff of over 400. We have our sights set on doubling again in the next few years, further increasing our value to our clients. This growth strategy, along with outstanding client relationships, enables Bowman to anticipate the needs of the marketplace and respond to its demands through new service offerings, locations and solutions. Bowman is an adept and energetic firm with a results-oriented attitude. We focus on exceeding expectations and give our clients peace of mind by providing exceptional service.
We offer the depth of resources that one expects from a large design firm. At the same time, we operate with a degree of flexibility typically found only in boutique firms. Led by many of our fields' most respected professionals, we attract and retain the industry's best and brightest.
Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering or related field. PE License is preferred. Must be able to obtain within six (6) months. Minimum of seven (7) years Engineering or related land development experience to include a minimum of two years project management experience. Experience in midstream or upstream oil and gas experience with knowledge of applicable DOT codes pertaining to liquid and natural gas transport is preferred. Experience in power generation and transport is also desirable. Thorough understanding of municipal codes and federal regulations applying to the aforementioned industries is very desirable. Ability to manage multiple projects, thorough understanding of Land Development Desktop or Civil 3D and Haestead Software. Excellent organization and communication skills.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Meet with prospective clients, prepare proposals and establish budgets and schedules.
- Maintain close liaison with clients to resolve all project questions, such as, but not limited to, technical requirements, completion requirements and billing inquiries.
- Review with manager all project changes, pending or anticipated alterations to the contract, additional work requests, and all other factors, which may significantly affect staffing requirements or budget.
- Supervise work of all project personnel to ensure that it meets the highest professional standards.
- Coordinate with other internal departments to meet project requirements.
- Use and apply diversified knowledge of engineering principles and practices in the civil engineering field and related sciences and disciplines.
- Make decisions independently regarding engineering complexities and methods.
- Perform complex or novel assignments requiring development of new and/or improved civil engineering techniques and procedures.
- Prepare and direct preparation of designs, specification, plans, estimates and reports for projects.