Project Manager, NY
Seeking a Project Manager, NYC, Contract
BridgeView IT is seeking a Project Manager. The role is located in NYC. It is a contract opportunity. The Project Manager will work closely with product managers, editors, engineers, design, and executive management, as well as other functional groups and business units to manage open issues and work cross-functionally to determine remedies as necessary. He/She will hit target milestones, manage assigned projects according to plan, drive the core team, and ensure that all stakeholders are kept fully informed of project status and progress
BridgeView IT is a technology placement firm assisting a national network of clients identify and hire the highest-caliber IT professionals. Our management and senior recruiting specialists have successfully supported the IT marketplace for over a decade, and we have grown into a world class organization, with operations in major U.S. markets.
- Dynamic, results-oriented, detail-driven project/program manager
- Minimum 3-5 years of software and/or web project development experience
- Expertise in developing detailed plans for complex projects involving challenging requirements, limited resources, and fixed deadlines.
- Proven track record of managing multiple projects simultaneously, building appropriate processes and tools and delivering results,
- Strong knowledge with standard software project and project management concepts, practices, and procedures, including software such as Microsoft Project
- A solid understanding of the basic technology behind Internet consumer services; familiarity with metrics, operations, and the complete product lifecycle (e.g., MRD, FS, implementation, PR, marketing, etc.) is required.
- You must possess expertise in both written and interpersonal communication, in relationship building, and in collaboration in a cross-functional team comprised of diverse personalities, skill sets, and levels of experience.
- Excellent organizational skills, focus, and attention to detail are a must, as is the ability (and preference!) to work in a fast-paced, hectic, and energetic environment. Experience in managing interactive media projects and a passion for the self-help industry are especially helpful
- Own and manage the schedules for web-based projects
- Author and manage the project plan inclusive of project resource coordination, driving cross-functional team deliverables and schedules
- Hit target milestones, manage assigned projects according to plan, driving the core team, ensuring that all stakeholders are kept fully informed of project status and progress
- Collaborate closely with product managers during the complete product development lifecycle.
- Manage open issues and work cross-functionally to determine remedies as necessary
- Partner with the QA team ensuring quality of product releases
- Act as an advocate for internal customers throughout all stages of a project
- Provide weekly status updates on all project
BridgeView IT is an equal opportunity employer. To proactively receive new job alerts from BridgeView IT, sign up at www.bridgeviewit.com/jobalerts.aspx .
We are unable to sponsor H1B candidates at this time. Those authorized to work in the US without restriction are encouraged to apply.
BridgeView IT - 5 months ago
New York, NY
- 1 day ago
Facility Solutions Group
Perth Amboy, NJ
- 2 days ago
DEPARTMENT OF TRANSPORTATION
- 2 days ago