The Project Manager primary role is to support Broadwind Heavy Industries (BHI) in Abilene, Texas. This includes, but is not limited to process integration, fabrication, paint, part approval, logistics, subcontractor interaction, quoting, assist with business development, KPI creation/maintain, leading Continuous Improvement and coordination with all levels of internal staff. The Project Manager ensures all products manufactured by BHI meet or exceed customer expectations and specifications have been produced in a quality manner while developing a culture of Continuous Improvement. The Project Manager also provides vendor/contractor oversight and assures regulatory compliance and appropriate representation of BHI. The Project Manager BHI will also be one of the primary contacts for the ramp up and execution of the new customer orders and projects in our plants.
In this position you will have the opportunity to:
Work with production personnel, engineering, and operations leadership on a successful project ramp-up and project execution that meet the build requirements of our customer(s).
Manage cost/schedule for all BHI Abilene projects with KPIs.
Manage materials for all BHI projects working with procurement specialist.
Implement and deliver the most efficient production process flow for each order as it is manufactured in our plant sites or at subcontractors when needed.
Drive Continuous Improvement concepts throughout BHI.
Track all rework events and perform Corrective Actions with RCA and sustainable countermeasure implementation.
Report on progress and actively manage constraints to execute per the contracted plan.
Assist/actively direct manufacturing progress as needed working with any and all manufacturing supervisors and managers.
Assess and recommend improvements to improve capacity - assist with coordination efforts to recommend best practices between all team levels.
Lead initial project launches and coordinate with all teams to meet the business needs of the entire project.
Document and complete any Non Conformance Reports (NCRs), Change Orders, Request for Deviations (RDAs), or Engineering Change Notices (ECNs) on our current Company forms or templates.
Support of our sales and business development professionals.
Manage vendors, suppliers, and machine center resources as necessary to fulfill our project plans and requirements.
Effectively communicate project status to management.
Safety and Environmental Related Duties
- Support safety and EHS programs outlined in our Company EHS policies and any applicable State or Federal regulatory requirements.
- Be a key instrument in developing the safety culture throughout BHI.
May be required to provide some technical training to other employees.
Participate as an internal Quality System auditor.
Support compliance with all ISO and regulatory standards.
Support new project estimating.
Support and Assist Sales and Engineering and Quality with Report Functions.
To be successful in this role you must be able to:
- Bachelor degree in Mechanical or Manufacturing Engineering, or a related discipline preferred or 5 years or more in a Project Management with the oil & gas industry being preferred.
- If degreed a minimum of 3 years of experience in manufacturing, Project Management, Manufacturing Supervision or industrial engineering is desired.
- Experience in a metals fabrication environment strongly desired or strong fabrication experience in the oil & gas industry.
- Experience understanding a variety of manufacturing processes and equipment.
- Project management and problem solving skills required.
- Competent PC skills and comfort using MS Excel, MS Word, MS Project, E-mail and other corporate based systems.
- Fluent with interpreting industrial fabrication, piping & pressure boundary drawings preferred.
- Industry experience with Heavy Metal Fabrication and Weldments is preferred.
- Supervisory, Leadership and Project Management training and support will be available as needed.
Broadwind Energy applies decades of deep industrial expertise to innovate integrated solutions for customers in the energy and infrastructure markets. From gears and gearing systems for wind, oil and gas and mining applications to wind towers, to comprehensive remanufacturing of gearboxes and blades, to operations and maintenance services, and specialty weldments, we have solutions for the energy needs of the future. With facilities throughout the U.S., Broadwind Energy's talented team of 800 employees is committed to helping customers maximize performance of their investmentsquicker, easier and smarter.
Broadwind Energy is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please visit our website www.bwen.com to learn more about our organization.
Broadwind Energy, Inc. - 30+ days ago