POSITION SUMMARY: This position is responsible for successful prioritization, management and implementation of Organizational Development and Training (OD&T) projects and initiatives. Project and initiative implementation includes the coordination of both OD&T process solution implementation, as well as the coordination of program deliverables. This position will collaborate closely with corporate management, Human Resources, Business Analytics, business unit clients, and project team members to track and monitor cross-departmental projects and programs.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: THE FOLLOWING ARE THE USUAL, BASIC AND ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE POSITION. THESE FUNCTIONS ARE NOT TO BE CONSTRUED AS AN EXHAUSTIVE LIST OF ALL RESPONSIBILITIES, DUTIES, AND SKILLS REQUIRED .
- Model ethical behavior and execute job responsibilities in accordance with Citizens core values and ethics policies.
- Collaborate with project sponsors, senior management, and key stakeholders to develop project scope, goals, deliverables, and success criteria in support of business goals. Also, work as a liaison among stakeholders in order to elicit, analyze, communicate, and validate requirements for changes to business processes, policies, and information systems.
- Author and maintain business concept, business case, project timeline, project plan, project health and project dashboard documents and reports. Create and maintain project documentation to track progress and update chain of command on the status of project activities, report any plan deviations, ensure updates and reviews are handled in accordance with established guidelines, and prepare and distribute project status communications, as appropriate.
- Manage and facilitate resource estimation processes for the purpose of accurate project planning. Also, manage the day-to-day operational and tactical aspects of multiple projects of varying scope and complexity.
- Construct multi-faceted project plans which provide framework and direction necessary to achieve project objectives and goals as defined in the business case and/or project charter.
- Design project plans which include all applicable project plan elements, including but not limited to: work breakdown structure, labor and time estimates, resource allocation, schedule, task dependencies, and identification of key milestones and deliverables.
- Create project risk management and, as needed, risk resolution plans. Manage risk, including business and business analysis risk, throughout the Project Lifecycle.
- Coordinate with multiple project teams and divisions to ensure dependencies and cross-division risks are identified and managed.
- Assist the Director of OD&T with projects and project portfolio management for a variety of department projects.
- Assist in leading project life cycle change management including change control, change management, workflow, training and structural changes driven by project requirements
- Document and maintain Internal Policy and Procedures (IP&Ps), including workflows and process maps, for functional areas within Organizational Development and Training unit as well as assisting Business Analytics unit with documenting IP&Ps for the Human Capital Management division, when needed.
- Analyze workflows and processes as well as identify opportunity areas and make recommendations for process improvement.
- Provide Project Management mentorship and guidance to team members.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent content presentation skills.
- Ability to build strong relationships.
- Dynamic organizational and planning skills, evidenced by the ability to effectively and efficiently manage a multitude of varied project tasks.
- Ability to effectively resolve and manage conflict.
- Strong ability to solve problems through analytical approaches.
- Advanced analytical, critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Strong leadership and project management skills with proven ability to facilitate cross-functional teams.
- Ability to quickly build and motivate project teams to levels of high performance.
- Demonstrated initiative and ability to complete short and long term projects.
- Working knowledge of contract and/or project charter creation and the vetting process.
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office Systems including Access, Word, Excel, Visio and PowerPoint.
- Ability to work and produce results in a team-based environment, as well as independently and with little to no supervision.
- Superior writing skills, especially clarity and accuracy.
- Ability to proofread and knowledge of grammar and style.
- Ability to multitask and balance multiple priorities in a rapidly changing environment.
- Ability to travel approximately 25% of the time.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree OR 4 years relevant experience OR a combination of college education and relevant experience equivalent to 4 years.
- 2 or more years of project management experience.
- 2 or more years of relevant work experience in process management, including process design and re-design, process monitoring and control, and process improvement.
- 4 or more years of project management experience.
- 4 or more years of relevant work experience in process management, including process design and re-design, process monitoring and control, and process improvement.
- Experience working in Human Resources, Organizational Development, or with employee programs.
- Experience in writing complex documents such as policies, procedures and business requirements documents.
- PMP Certification.
This position requires the ability to sit for long periods of time, hear and converse over the telephone and in person and key frequently on a computer (2 or more hours per day).
Citizens Property Insurance Corporation - 7 months ago