Crown Agents USA, Inc. (CA-USA) is seeking a Project Manager for the Supply Chain Management Systems program in our Washington, DC office. |
Crown Agents is an international development company employing over 600 personnel worldwide with a presence in more than 40 countries, subsidiaries in 12 countries, and permanent staff working on the ground in 22 corporate offices in Africa, Asia Latin America, Japan, the United Kingdom, and the United States. Crown Agents provides direct assistance, management consulting, and human and institutional development for public and private sector clients in customs and trade facilitation, public financial management, procurement, logistics, and health systems strengthening.
Crown Agents USA (CA-USA), the U.S. incorporated subsidiary of CA Group, provides direct procurement services, technical assistance, and training to improve health outcomes, establish good governance, and stimulate economic growth across the developing world. Established practice areas include Health, Supply Chain Services, Food Security, and M&E. Since its incorporation in the United States in 1998, CA-USA has provided technical assistance services and support to U.S. Government agencies and international organizations such as the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID), the Millennium Challenge Corporation (MCC), the U.S. Trade and Development Agency (USTDA), and the Gates Foundation.
Role & Responsibilities
The Project Manager is responsible for home office financial, contractual, managerial coordination and oversight on the SCMS project. Additionally, in conjunction with senior management, the Project Manager contributes to new business development, development of profitable pricing strategies and cost proposals. This position is based in Washington, DC and reports to the Senior Manager of Health Systems Services Practice Area.
Project Management and Operations
Monitor project finances to ensure proper handling of costs such as:
- Manage the delivery of the work to budget, specification, and time.
- In conjunction with senior project management, monitor progress against the contract, identify issues and project risk, and implement corrective actions and mitigation strategies.
- Ensure the project is compliant with terms and conditions of client contract and CA-USA policies.
- Facilitate implemention of required processes, procedures, contract modifications, budget revisions, etc. on SCMS project and communicate with relevant home office departments at CA-USA and other project staff located at SCMS Project Managaement Office (PMO) and in the field office on these matters,
- Ensure a proper management and archiving of project documentation, electronically and in hard copy.
- Prepare reports for review by senior project management for client, donor, and CA-USA management as required.
- Prepare and present project status and financial analysis for senior staff quarterly program reviews.
- Assist Senior Programs Manager with drafting presentations, reports, case studies and marketing materials on SCMS for internal and external audiences.
- Provide senior management oversight when the home office project director is on travel/leave.
- Budget tracking (understanding, management and reporting to the senior management and the client).
- Review job summary reports monthly to ensure accuracy of financial data; prepare regular budget implementation reports based on these data.
- Monitor project profitability.
- Ensure that invoicing is timely and all supporting documentation is maintained.
Create monthly revenue forecasts for SCMS through:
- Ensure accounts and time card system are set up appropriately in advance of charging.
- Monitor field office expenses by reviewing monthly financial reports and support documentation.
- Initiate inter-company work orders/consultant agreements/subcontracts/purchase orders.
- Develop inter-company work order invoices, as well as subcontractor, vendor and consultant invoices.
- Develop and monitor TCN/consultant payroll, field office advances and expense reports.
- Providing programmatic information required for forecasting, i.e. technical activities that have associated costs or revenues.
- Developing and submitting project forecasts for review by senior management.
- Assist the Senior Programs Manager with program financial analysis for the health portfolio on a monthly basis.
- Provide information for the Annual Operating Plan Budgets as related to health programs.
- Respond to requests for financial information from the client including ad hoc budget requests.
- Working with contracts’ department, manage funding issues and notify clients of necessary contract modifications, including ceiling/obligation increases, budget modifications, etc.
- Reviews and approves billings and invoice payments (at level of authority).
- Work with senior project management to ensure appropriate project staffing and continuous staff performance improvement, with may include
- Performing personnel reviews, performance evaluation and conflict resolutions with assigned project staff.
- Identifying training opportunities for directly reporting staff; coach and develop team as required.
- Participating in staff recruitment process.
- Developing job descriptions, as necessary.
- Serve as CA-USA point of contact with the Finance, Contracts and HR counterparts at the client site (PMO) and in the field office.
- Ensure communications with client are held at the appropriate levels of responsibility and function.
- In conjunction with senior program management, negotiate work plans and budgets with clients; Build and maintain positive client relationships.
- Lead the Home Office team during the prime contractor’s annual audits.
- Build relationships for developing new business opportunities and leverage existing partnerships to expand existing or new projects.
- Research and input into expressions of interest and proposals.
- Participate in the financial proposal preparation, as appropriate, which may include developing pricing, including all costs and expenses of the proposal; coordinating pricing with the technical team; review cost proposal submissions from subcontractors; performing financial analysis on the budget (cash flow, P&L, indirect rates impact).
- Serve as proposal manager when surge capacity is needed.
To apply to this position, please email your CV to email@example.com . Include your name, along with the title of the position you are applying for, in the subject line. Visit our website at www.crownagentsusa.com for more information about our company. No phone calls, faxes or walk-ins please. Crown Agents USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, International Relations, or a related field required; Master’s degree in a related field preferred.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office including advanced expertise in Excel.
- Fluency in English is required; bilingual or trilingual language capability preferred.
- Excellent analytical and communication skills.
- Proven ability to work on a team and to work on a self-directed basis.
- A minimum of 6 years or more of progressively responsible experience in project management of donor-funded programs, preferably in the health sector.
- Related project management experience gained through a prior work history of performing in a similar role.
- Knowledge of government contracting best practices for USAID funded programs is required; Global Fund, World Bank, or other donor-funded project management experience, acquired from the field or home office, is desired.
- Above average financial analysis, pricing, and budgeting skills acquired through related work history are strongly preferred; desire to work within a primary project manager role with responsibility for financial forecasting, budgeting, and pricing for cost-proposals on an as needed basis required.
- Must demonstrate personal attributes such as loyalty and integrity in addition to being resourceful and flexible, which is inherent in this position.
Candidate must be able to demonstrate legal right to work in the United States.
Crown Agents USA will provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with qualified disabilities in accordance with the ADA. If you require a reasonable accommodation for our application process, please contact our Recruiting department directly. Requests will be kept confidential and shared strictly on a need-to-know basis only.
Crown Agents - 9 months ago