The Project Manager has overall responsibility for managing the initiation, planning, execution, implementation control and closure of the project management plan for the company’s database solution.
• Provides interface between business units and ICD-10 conversion core team
• Be a key stakeholder on major milestones that impact ICD-10 conversion timeline. Communicate risk and issues with appropriate mitigation plans
• Facilitates the project status, risk, issues, implementation and closure meetings
• Ensures that issues and risks are documented with appropriate mitigation plan with owner and time line managed and mitigated
• Manages the project master work schedule and communicates status accordingly
• Regularly reports status, risks, and issues to the ICD-10 core team and other business units
• Overall responsibility for management and direction of the project team and all aspects of project management, including timelines, budget and deliverables.
• Coordinate with internal teams to ensure installation and training schedules are synchronized with other implementation projects.
• Manage client interactions and expectations.
• Primary liaison between company and client.
• Bachelor’s degree
• 5+ combined years experience in Health Information and/or IT arena
• Minimum 2 years project management experience
• Project Management Professional (PMP) certification
• BS/BA degree in Information Technology or Health Information Management or equivalent experience.
• Previous experience with HIS/healthcare software implementations.
• Knowledge and background in the healthcare business including but not limited to EHR implementations, revenue cycle management solutions, case and quality management, coding & abstracting.
• Strong leadership, interpersonal and communication skills
• The ability to work in fast-paced environments and maintain excellent customer relations skills.
Dahl Consulting, Inc. - 16 months ago