The position is responsible for managing projects and teams to facilitate the on-time delivery of the project objectives. The role follows established project management methodologies throughout each of the projects and from time to time may participate in setting or refining the standards for project management. Typically the role works with very little direct supervision. He/she directs activities of the project team and communicates with the appropriate team leads or managers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Gather project requirements from various business users and technical staff members.
- Identify, question and record task dependencies, task efforts and task durations.
- Create accurate and organized work breakdown structure.
- Manage resource contention.
- Manage the project budget.
- Follow established project management guidelines and processes (e.g., System Development Life Cycle) to develop, maintain, and track project plans, conduct project meetings and report project status.
- Work with management to ensure that established policies and procedures effectively engage and utilize infrastructure resources.
- Lead project status meetings to ensure good communication within the project team as well as ensure that meeting minutes and status updates are appropriately published to the team, stakeholders and interested parties.
- Produce or review documentation detailing the project plan, project status, individual deliverables, team member roles and responsibilities, project budget and contingencies.
- Identify and respond to project risks. Escalate issues as needed.
- Follow up with team members, stakeholders, and clients when necessary to ensure accurate understanding of the project’s condition.
- Participate in product and vendor evaluations.
- Participate in product testing and product training.
- Record and report on project hours and budget spent on a periodic basis.
- Participate in project review meetings. Give concise presentations on project objectives, issues, status, and approach to various management teams.
- Mitigate and resolve communications problems and team conflicts.
- Conduct performance evaluations of the project team members.
- Mentor other, less experienced project leaders.
We are proud to be an EEO employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing. Thank you for applying for this outstanding opportunity today.
- At least 5+ years of relevant experience (e.g., project leadership, small project management, technical analysis, engineering design).
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, related field, or equivalent industry experience required.
- Proven team leadership experience.
- Proven understanding of project management concepts and system life cycle methodologies.
- Proven ability to work cross-functionally with all areas of an IT organization and the business.
- Familiarity with IT Service Management best practices and the ITIL Framework.
- Experience with project management tools (e.g., MS Project).
- Understand cost-to-completion projections, P/L and basic revenue models.
- Good understanding of process flows.
- Strong team facilitation skills.
- Effective communication skills at all levels with the ability to succinctly communicate relevant information.
- Well organized.
- Desire to conform and support established processes while striving for continuous improvements.
- Ability to work directly with customers to understand and resolve issues or concerns.
DeVry, Inc. - 2 years ago
It isn't exactly Ivy League, but DeVry is in the big leagues of technical, health care, and business schools. The for-profit...