Digicon Corporation is a full-service Information Technology solutions provider with over 25 years of experience and approximately 300 employees. We offer exciting and diverse careers in federal, state and local, and commercial arenas throughout the Washington, DC metropolitan area and beyond. If you want to be part of a team dedicated to integrity, innovation, and excellence, then Digicon is the place for you.
We are currently in search for a Project Manager to work at our Corporate office in Herndon, VA or at our client site in the Washington, DC metro area. This is a full-time employee position with Digicon Corporation.
Position Description :
The Project Manager will manage several projects within the constraints of scope, quality, time and cost. Duties may include, but not be limited to the following:
The project manager is responsible for managing the operations group and staff, providing customer relations, and implementing ITIL and CMMI processes throughout the operations group. The project manager is responsible for upholding service level agreements and objectives and providing regular reporting. The project manager must have the hands-on experience to support and manage a desktop support team, server administrators, network engineers, and software developers. The candidate may also be requested as a technical resource for ITIL subject matter expertise for the customer, which may require some local travel.
- Develops specific plans to meet customer’s requirements.
- Ensures quality and manages risk of projects.
- Assists Program Manager in maintaining contact with the Government Contracting Officer, Contracting Officer’s Representative, Government Management Personnel, and Customer Agency Representatives.
- Facilitates communication between all parties to ensure stakeholder expectations are met.
- Communicates commitments requested by client to senior management.
- Insures implementation of technical solutions and schedules in a timely manner.
- Responsible for over-all management of specific delivery order including people, work, and resources.
- Reports deviations of project plans to senior management.
- Documents and pursues all project requirements.
- Tracks and reports progress including realistic forecasts of all deliverables.
- Closes all projects and archives appropriately according to Digicon's policy.
- Applies process improvement and re-engineering methodologies and principals to conduct multiple process modernization projects.
Position Requirements :
All candidates must be authorized to work in the US for any employer and able to pass a background check. No relocation assistance is available. EOE M/F/D/V.
- Seven years of PM experience of which at least 5 years must be specialized. Specialized experience includes: project development from inception to deployment, expertise in the management and control of funds and resources, and demonstrated capability in managing multi-task contracts and/or subcontracts of various types and complexity. General experience includes increasing responsibilities in information technology and/or management.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, Business, or other related discipline.
- Must be a team player and work within the Corporate policies and procedures.
- Experience in Microsoft Project or equivalent tools and Earned Value Management.
- Must use PMBOK and ITIL methodology.
- Project Management Institute Certification such as PMP
- ITIL Practitioner desired
- ITIL Foundation III
Digicon Corporation - 2 years ago
copy to clipboard