The primary purpose of this job is to manage multiple new product development projects as assigned via cross functional teams. Works with internal and external customers and technical resources to ensure the effective engineering execution of each project. Serves key Engineering Project Management role including development of project plans, risk assessments and scheduling as well as supplying general technical direction to the team.
JOB REQUIREMENTS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Adheres to GB Core Beliefs and all safety and quality requirements.
2. Manages associates and resources synonymous with GB and customer expectations and goals.
3. Maintains the organization’s vision and values at the forefront of decision making and action.
4. Manages the Engineering activities on the assigned programs to comply with cost, schedule and technical requirements and established Engineering practices in order to meet program commitments.
5. Develops detailed project plans, tactical execution schedules and cost estimates for NPD project. Prepares and manages project budgets. Provides Management overview and reporting on critical project tasks.
6. Maintains strong relationship with internal and external customers including the Sales Account Managers to insure on time program deliverables.
7. Provides regular support to Sales, Operations, Finance and other departments within the company to ensure project financial objectives are met.
8. Communicates regularly with upper management regarding the status of current projects, obtains upper management guidance and approval as required.
9. Performs other job functions as required.
Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Science. Master’s in Engineering, Science or Business Administration preferred.
5+ years of experience in Engineering or Product Development. 3+ years Engineering Project Management preferred. Experience in a Medical Device Manufacturing Environment a plus.
Knowledge of Project Management principles, practices , techniques and tools. Working knowledge of electronic assemblies including PCA manufacturing, injection molded parts, system integration, and test.
Excellent problem solving abilities. Product Specification development, risk analysis and system test. Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal) required. English-oral and written (Advance level)
Proficient knowledge of PC software applications including Microsoft Office and Project. Experience in lean manufacturing a plus.
Greatbatch - 22 months ago
ElectroChem Incorporated was founded in 1986 with a strong reputation for successful problem solving in the field of fuel cells - a...