The Project Manager is responsible for all project management activities within the Refrigeration Product Line, including but not limited to customer interaction, brand team support, monitoring resource allocation and coordinating activities of team members to meet deadlines, maintaining current cost estimates, managing product development requests from inception through final production, steering team activities to maintain cost targets, conducting project status meetings, and creating project status reports. The Project Manager prepares reports for upper management regarding the status of projects and creates workflow to ensure scope and completion of the project is on time, on target and within budget constraints.
Key operational responsibilities
- Direct, coordinate and plan project scoping activities to effectively outline new development project metrics and deliverables for goal establishment
- Manage reporting and tracking of all aspects of a project from inception through production launch
- Develop project investment and cost budgets—capital, cost and expense estimation to develop product targets for financial viability review
- Develop milestone schedules and execute deliverables of project within published time line
- Develop, outline and manage project resources (internal and external to meet project deliverables)
- Coordinate project activities throughout the organization to effectively execute in accordance for published targets and management expectations (scope, cost, timeline, investment, quality, etc)
- Effective leadership and communication methods—written, verbal, leading cross function meetings and associated activities
- Effective multi-task projects with proper follow-up during resource imbalances Take corrective action as necessary to keep project on track and escalate issues as necessary
- Schedule and lead checkpoint meetings as required
- Support Product Managers through all facets of sourced product “cradle to grave”
- Support development of sales materials including POP, Presentations, and other printed materials for distribution
- Development and management of product specifications and communication of such specs within the organization for all project phases up through product launch
- The above accountabilities are the major skill sets needed in this new position to effectively design, execute and implement a project from inception through launch.
Director - Refrigeration
- Proficient with tools associated with new project development activities; Stage gate development processes, DFMEA, Design reviews, project planning, part tracking and milestone schedule management
- Strong understanding of engineering principles, project management and new product development activities to create, design, develop and implement new features
- Highly motivated individual that has a strong drive for results; communicates effectively both in written and verbal communication formats, holds people accountable for goal attainment and coordinates all project actions and design details to deliver on team and project commitments
- Ability to understanding the cold products business objectives and when they apply, ensure those objectives are delivered at the project level.
- Experience with computer applications: MS Excel, MS Word, MS Project and Lotus Notes
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or related technical BS degree with a minimum of 7 years related engineering and/or project management experience for is required. MBA is preferred.
Electrolux is a global market leader in home appliances and appliances for professional use, selling more than 40 million products to customers in 150 countries every year with brands such as Electrolux, AEG-Electrolux, Eureka, Frigidaire and Zanussi.
Electrolux is a leading provider in the North American appliance market, and Electrolux Major Appliances North America is our second-largest business sector. With 14,000 people across North America, we have a solid understanding of American
consumers’ needs and desires that allows us to provide innovative, thoughtfully designed products that help consumers create the well-lived homes they desire.
Electrolux - 10 months ago