Emerging Health Information Technology is a wholly owned subsidiary of Montefiore Medical Center. Emerging Health IT, a healthcare IT consulting and professional services company, is a dynamic organization that provides hospitals and medical centers with world-class healthcare information solutions. We provide an exciting, fast-paced environment in which dedication and innovation are rewarded and where individuals can make a difference in the lives of patients. Join us in our mission to improve the quality of healthcare through advanced IT solutions! Emerging Health IT is located in Yonkers, NY.
The Project Manager is responsible for overseeing the successful delivery of one or more moderate to large size projects through all of the defined phases of the project life cycle. This includes implementations of new clinical and business applications, system upgrades, application rollouts, and infrastructure and networking projects. He/She manages a cross functional team of product experts and associates while they are assigned to a project. External consultants, contracted resources, and customer employees may also report in to project teams during the project lifecycle. The Project Manager provides outstanding client service and contributes to the organization’s mission of utilizing information technology to improve patient care.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develops the project work plan, work breakdown structure, and schedule using a designated project management tool for project team usage. Project Plans include sufficient task level detail to capture known dependencies and major milestones.
- Management of all projects assigned to oversee.
- Utilize effective project and time management skills to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ensure all projects are consistent with overall customer objectives and strategic plans.
- Manage the day-to-day activities of cross-functional project teams and ensures the adherence to the project plan.
- Deploy best practices approach defined by Project Services team.
- Work to control change, adjust the budget, timeline, and project scope to accommodate approved changes.
- Produces timely, detailed summaries and high level reports
- Provide project schedule, actual vs. budget, and earned value information in project progress reports.
- Identifies and mitigates project risk, keeping issues visible, to avoid impacting the project’s success.
- Confirm the alignment of customer expectations and project goals.
- Ensure proper quality assurance and user acceptance of solutions prior to implementation.
- Review and finalize deliverables and monitor quality control.
- Develop customer Return on Investment metrics for project, based on customer objectives.
- Develops and maintains all strong working relationships with all key stakeholders including, Client Executives, Product Managers, and Resource Allocation Manager.
- Coordinate with Client Executives and Product Directors to align all projects with customer’s strategic objectives
- Collaborate with Resource Allocation Manager to ensure associates with required skills are available to support the implementation of new system solutions.
- Management of all resources assigned to projects.
- Motivate, guide and lead implementation staff to achieve organizational goals and satisfy customers.
- Proactively identify project and staff related issues.
- Participate in performance appraisals and contribute to project team associate’s performance appraisals.
- Emerging Health is a professional services organization with a matrix reporting structure. Associate’s roles may differ depending on the project, however, their position and title remains the same.
- Project management experience in an organization with a structured PMO (Project Management Office.)
- A minimum of 5 years project management experience including experience in IT systems implementation management
- It consulting or IT Professional Services experience is strongly preferred.
- IT experience in the healthcare industry preferred
- Clinical background and experience in implementing clinical systems
- BA/BS degree required or equivalent experience.
Must be able to enforce deadlines in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment
- Experience managing all phases of multifaceted IT projects including planning, cost management, resource management, communications, and quality measurement
- Systems implementations in the clinical and business application areas are required
- Demonstrated formal project management methodology experience is required
- Proficiency in project management planning tools. Experience with CA Clarity preferred
- Demonstrated experience of managing cross-functional teams/matrix management is required
- Experience managing individual projects of $3 million
- Excellent customer service and verbal and written communication skills are required Ability to effectively communicate within all levels of the organization and with the client base
- Must be well organized, detail oriented, highly analytical and possess strong problem solving skills