GNF is seeking a highly motivated and self-directed project manager to join the Program Management Group. The successful candidate will have responsibilities in project management, program operations, and alliance management. This individual will work closely with research project team leaders and senior management to develop prioritized project plans for addressing key scientific questions, facilitate issue resolution, and manage diverse teams across multiple sites to meet program timelines/goals. The individual will provide grant administration and alliance management support in close coordination with senior leadership, operational departments, and global site contacts. The ideal candidate must have demonstrated success in building team relationships and partnerships across organizational lines, experience with scientific and grant writing, and be able to thrive in a fast-paced and dynamic environment. Excellent communication and interpersonal skills are a must.
• Project management support for early-stage drug discovery projects (i.e., target discovery through lead optimization)
• Generate and maintain efficient project plans based on key scientific questions and broad strategic outlook to ensure long-term success
• Set clear objectives for team decision making and ensure they happen
• Enable project teams to develop and convey clear strategy recommendations and action plans to senior leadership
• Program operations support for drug-discovery portfolio including tracking/analysis of projects and FTE and integration with global databases and processes
• Coordinate bi-monthly Project Reviews and Project Proposal meetings
• Accountable for Research Document System administration for La Jolla site
• Alliance management support including grant proposals and grant administration associated with foundations, government granting agencies, and NGO’s
Required qualifications and experience:
• Ph.D. in biology or a relevant field with 2+ years of biotechnology or pharmaceutical drug discovery experience, or M.S. with 4+ years of experience (Immunology background is a plus)
• Exceptional written and oral communication skills: writing samples required
• Strong organizational abilities with a keen attention to detail
• Familiarity with the drug discovery process
• Strong experience with scientific writing and grant applications
• Proficiency in MS Word, Excel, Project, PowerPoint and Outlook
• High level of self-motivation and ability to thrive in a highly-matrixed, team-oriented setting
Send CV/resume as attachment to the email address listed below (please include job code in the subject line).
Novartis AG, incorporated on February 29, 1996, is a Switzerland-based holding that, through its subsidiaries, is engaged in the research,...