The Construction/Project Manager (CPM) is responsible for running all tenant improvement, capital improvement and development programs for a full service commercial property management company. Reporting to the Area Manager and the Regional Vice President, the CPM will be responsible for all phases of numerous programs, from the planning and budgeting phases through to completion, of multiple projects in commercial buildings in the Austin area. The CPM must have a proven track record in executing numerous construction and capital improvement projects and be able to supervise and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
· Estimate and manage costs and budgets during tenant improvement (TI) negotiations and construction.
· Coordinate and supervise build-outs with tenants, leasing brokers, architects, engineers, property managers, building managers and other professionals.
· Develop and track annual, 3 year and 5 year capital expenditure (CapEx) Plans.
· Devise and implement budgets for capital improvements, including elevator modernizations, cooling tower upgrades, lobby redesigns, boiler conversions, roof, sidewalk and windows replacements.
· Generate innovative repair solutions.
· Bid and negotiate major and minor projects.
· Schedule and manage contractors, subcontractors and equipment.
· Provide strong field management.
· Ensure compliance with building codes.
· Mentor in-house property managers in capital improvement and construction projects
· Bachelors degree in Construction Management or relevant work experience.
· Minimum of five years experience in the field of Construction/Project Management, bidding, blueprint reading (architectural/mechanical), space planning. Experience in architecture or engineering is a plus.
· Strong supervisory skills, organizational ability, analytical skills, verbal and written skills, interpersonal abilities, assertive and highly motivated.
· Knowledge of building codes, permitting process, energy guidelines.
· Aptitude and knowledge of mechanical systems.
· Ability to work in a fast-paced, collaborate and results-driven environment.
· Proficiency in Excel, CAD, and other industry software.
Reit Management & Research - 22 months ago