Basic Purpose and Scope
Under the leadership of Director of Planning & Logistics, the Project Manager directs and coordinates activities concerned with the configuration, implementation and installation of work defined in the SOW (Statement of Work). Participate in the conceptual development of the project and oversee its organization, scheduling and implementation.
Project Manager is responsible for developing and nurturing strong customer contacts and positive, proactive relationships with vendors and representatives. Project Manager is responsible for providing effective customer service for all internal and external customers by utilizing excellent, in-depth knowledge of company products, programs and services. Must address customer issues and ensure effective and long term problem resolution.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: (Other duties may be assigned to meet business needs as required).
- Manage day-to-day operational aspects of a project and scope.
- Effectively set and manage Client expectations.
- Effectively apply internal methodologies and enforce project standards while offerings suggested improvements.
- Identify and communicate any additional sales opportunities to the IPLogic Engagement Manager/Program Manager/Director and/or Professional Services Lead.
- Function as the IPLogic single point of accountability for completion of the project and its associated outcomes.
- Manage the project in compliance with SOW (contract scope, terms and conditions).
Schedule/Work Plan Management
- Manage project budget and control expenditures against the budget.
- Create, update and maintain the work plan for the project including specific deliverables, timelines, tasks, dependencies and resource assignments.
- Direct and manage all IPLogic team members on the project.
- Ensure each team member is clear on their associated role, responsibilities, deliverables and budgeted hours for the project.
- Ensure completion of project deliverables.
- Address issues with IPLogic deliverables per the terms of the contract and/or as agreed upon with the Client.
- Adhere to the quality management standards for the Project and/ or Program.
- Adhere to the risk management protocols for the Project and/ or Program.
- Hold weekly status meetings with project team.
- Provide a weekly project status report to the IPLogic Engagement Manager/Program Manager/Director.
- Escalate and resolve issues in a timely fashion.
- Ensure adherence to a clear issues management process as defined for the Project and/or Program.
- Facilitate the definition of the Acceptance criteria for the project.
- Facilitate with the Client the definition of Project “success”.
Conform to all safety rules
- Ensures company policies and procedures are being adhered to .
- Assist with development of systems standards, short and long term goals, project management and strategic directions.
- Conform and abide by all regulations, policies, work procedures and instructions.
This position requires the following experience:
- Stays current on new developments and techniques in project management and technology.
Skills and Abilities Required:
- Ability to define project objectives and motivate and inspire the team to achieve them.
- Good to excellent facilitation, negotiation, influencing and problem solving skills.
- Strong communication and presentation skills to all levels of management.
- Client Management.
- Ability to effectively organize and manage various, concurrent tasks and activities while managing client expectations.
- Ability to take on client problems and issues and create a workable solution wherever possible.
Travel Required: up to 100%. When not traveling to client’s sites, may be able to work remote from home location.
- Detailed understanding of the Project Management lifecycle.
- Must be able to work independently.
- Must be detail oriented and organized.
- Must be able to work on many different projects at one time.
- Must be able to work in team environment.
Computer Equipment and Software Requirements:
- Auto Task, Microsoft Project 2010 and CRM applications experience desired.
- Strong computer skills-MS Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint.
Education, Certifications and Experience Required:
- Should possess knowledge of local and wide area networks; computer software and hardware; knowledge of data communications, network planning and analysis; and vendor evaluations.
- Must possess strong analytical skills and effective interpersonal and communication skills to interact with a wide range of users having different levels of computer expertise. Ability to design workable solutions to problems in a timely manner.
Experience with SIX SIGMA and LEAN practices/processes is advantageous for this role.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, 3 to 5 or more year’s related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience managing large scale projects or PMP certification required.