JRSS: Project Manager - Application Maintenance & Support
Required skills: 5+ years of experience in delivering web development projects. 5+ years of experience in managing RFP/Vendor selection process 5+ years of experience in managing vendors. 5+ years of experience in customer environment and customer relationship management
Time frame: 3/19 – 12/31/12
• 5+ years experience in project management skills utilizing formal methodologies, including change management, risk identification/mitigation, issue escalation and status reporting.
• 5+ years experience with project managing IT Web projects that require infrastructure
• 5+ years experience with project management tools, NIKU Workbench, MS Project.
• PMP certification
• Experience with CMM project methodologies
• Considerable knowledge of structured programming methodology and techniques.
• Experience with development projects in a J2EE, SQL, Websphere environment
• Experience with Windows platforms
• Ability to effectively make oral and written reports and presentations and prepare clear and concise metrics graphs and charts.
• Ability to maintain records, prepare reports a conduct correspondence related to the work.
• Ability to communicate technical terminology at a level appropriate to the audience.
• Define and develop integrated project plans for all aspects of ORS projects including scope, time, cost, communication, risk, procurement, quality and human resource areas, to meet the project goals and objectives.
• Coordinate and direct the project team and the project team’s activities to deliver on-time, on-budget projects that meet customer requirements.
• Practice Change Management, maintaining project scope and manage project changes to ensure changes are beneficial to the project and that the quality of the IT product meets customer requirements.
• Apply configuration management and quality assurance techniques to assure correctness and completeness of project deliverables, including all project related documentation.
• Communicate and coordinate with business clients, team members, external DIT partners, vendors to meet project goals and objectives.
• Assure project and product deliverable quality by adhering to standards, maintaining change control, providing quality control measurements, participating in quality audits and managing work results acceptance, including acceptance of vendor deliverables.
• Provide project management products, i.e., information, status reports, presentations, etc., as required to business clients, team members and others.
• Provide leadership to the project team, including development of team member roles and responsibilities, development of team members’ technical abilities where appropriate, and evaluation of team members’ performance.
• Manage the introduction of the project’s product into implementation and provide support for transition into maintenance.
• Manage and coordinate project close-out activities, including post-project implementation review, financial close-out, contract close-out, records retention, etc.