L.B. Foster Company, a 110 year old American corporation, is a leading manufacturer, fabricator, and distributor of products for the transportation, construction, utility, and energy markets. We have recently been recognized for achievement in manufacturing excellence, financial growth, and our impressive safety record. The corporation owns divisions and subsidiaries that supply products to industries requiring rail and rail accessories; sheet, pipe and H piling; bridge decking and highway products; precast concrete buildings; and threaded and coated pipe. L.B. Foster markets its products worldwide.
At L.B. Foster, our culture reflects our passion for integrity, accountability and safety. This culture is built on the quality of our work force and a positive attitude toward continuous improvement, working in a safe environment and customer service.
The Project Manager is responsible for management of aluminum projects including materials requirements planning, procurement, cost allocation and assisting with the Bridge Form product line.
• Develop ability to manage all aspects of Aluminum rail project management business including: Profit and Loss responsibility, Procurement, Single point of contact with Customer, Liaison with fabrication facility
• Assist with management of the Deck Form product line including: Purchase of $4MM to $8MM of galvanized coil along with associated blanking and slitting, Implement JD Edwards based materials requirement planning system for the bridge form product line, Evaluate inventory levels and projected demand to determine purchasing needs
• Participate in weekly production meeting. Assist in developing production schedules and level loading of the plants for both product lines
• Manage material transaction within JD Edwards. Coordinate same with toll manufacturing subcontractors for both product lines
• Reconcile outside inventory monthly for both product lines
• Assist Deck Form Salesmen with invoicing, freight and engineering coordination as well as scheduling of work priorities for fabrication facility
Skills, Experience and Education:
• Bachelor's Degree preferred or Associates Degree with relevant work experience
• Minimum 3-5 years experience in the purchasing of steel coil, Project Management or Aluminum purchasing
• Strong knowledge of Excel
• Working knowledge of Word, Lotus Notes.
• JD Edwards experience a plus. Inventory accounting and control experience including MRP knowledge
• Ability to travel 5-6 days per month (mainly day trips)
In return, we offer an opportunity to build a solid career with competitive compensation and a very attractive benefits package, including first-day health care coverage and a market-leading 401(k) program.
If you meet the qualifications and would like to be considered for this position, please apply online at www.lbfosterjobs.com
L..B. Foster supplies transportation, construction, utility, energy, recreation and agriculture markets with the materials necessary to...